StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Wee got a new stablemate today. I found a great deal on a low mileage '05 ST1300 w/15k miles. Now to see which one gets the most riding. Definitely a lot heavier than the Wee, something I swore I would avoid. But, I can't pass up a good deal, it's a sickness!

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oddly, I got my Wee a couple years ago with only 12k miles, so maybe I just feel pity for garage queens? :grin2:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The ST13000 is a fantastic bike! I had an 06 and regret selling it!
Took the wife for a quick ride, cranked it hard in first, and it pulled a power wheelie! Wasn't prepared for that!! Wifey thought I did it on purpose, once she quit screaming at me, I assured her I was just as surprised as her! :grin2:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Let us know how the st1300 ride. I've heard they tend to cook your legs but have not had personal experience.

My wee has too many buddies in the garage as it is. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Let us know how the st1300 ride. I've heard they tend to cook your legs but have not have personal experience.

:)
I rode it home yesterday in the 50's with no sun, and could feel a little heat, which felt great! lol But I have no doubt she'll be a crockpot in hot weather. I had an 08 Concours 14, before Kawi fixed the heat issue, so I've been precooked. :grin2:

·
Vendor
4,662 Posts
I had an ST1300 when my wife bought me my first v-Strom (yep, you read that right). The V-Strom was so much better around town that I eventually used the ST1300 for long rides with my buddies on the week ends. After tow years the ST1300 had been ridden just a few hundred miles and I let it go. As good a bike as it wa I don't miss it at all. V-Stroms are more fun in the twisties, have am off pavement capability the ST1300 certainly does not have and jut easier to get around on. The heat on the legs problem was better on the 05 ST1300 than the 2003 so maybe you will like yours better.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had an ST1300 when my wife bought me my first v-Strom (yep, you read that right). The V-Strom was so much better around town that I eventually used the ST1300 for long rides with my buddies on the week ends. After tow years the ST1300 had been ridden just a few hundred miles and I let it go. As good a bike as it wa I don't miss it at all. V-Stroms are more fun in the twisties, have am off pavement capability the ST1300 certainly does not have and jut easier to get around on. The heat on the legs problem was better on the 05 ST1300 than the 2003 so maybe you will like yours better.
To be honest, I doubt I'll keep it long. I REALLY wanted a Ninja 1000. Maybe next year. 2 bikes is my limit now, and planning on keeping the Wee. :grin2:
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll buy anything in reason, IF it's a good deal, and I know I can recoup my money if I don't like it. Plus, where I live is flat, and straight, so the ST "might" be perfect. My wife is retired now too, so we have plenty of time to ride, if our weather ever straightens out. It kinda' made sense, but gawd how I love the looks of those Ninja 1k's!!! The ST will definitely never be sexy! :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
16,863 Posts
BOTH one of the greatest bikes and engines ever made, a bit like the flat 6 being legendary for the Wings and Valkyrie. She's a beauty.......congrats.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My 06 Wee got a new stablemate today. I found a great deal on a low mileage '05 ST1300 w/15k miles. Now to see which one gets the most riding. Definitely a lot heavier than the Wee, something I swore I would avoid. But, I can't pass up a good deal, it's a sickness!
Ironically, I'm actually currently trying to SELL my ST1300 stablemate, as I only want one motorcycle and for my current riding lifestyle, I don't want the heavy tourer.

It's a good reliable bike! Use it well, and it can eat up some miles REALLY freakin' easily. If you ticked someone off by snagging the bike out before they could, point them my way. Mine is still available.

Alexi

·
Registered
480 Posts
donohio45813, you favor red vehicles! ST1300, V-Strom & lawnmower. Mower looks like it could use a wax buff :grin2:.

I lusted after a used ST1100 that came up for sale a couple of days ago...unfortunately I'm just not ready for such a machine in my life. I hear great things about the 1300, looks like you have the bases covered nicely!

·
Registered
797 Posts
To be honest, I doubt I'll keep it long. I REALLY wanted a Ninja 1000. Maybe next year. 2 bikes is my limit now, and planning on keeping the Wee. :grin2:
[/URL][/IMG]
Beautiful motorcycle... but what’s that two wheeled thing in the foreground? :grin2:

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
I have two ST1300’s, (or Hondapotamus’s as I call them) an ‘06 and an ‘09 Police. Their weight disappears as soon as it’s underway. Great bikes but some of the maintenance is a bit of a pain.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts