StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone.
i have 09 dl 650:)
In the past few months, I come across a phenomenon that I can't fix.
The whole story is like that.
While traveling at an average speed of 70 mph, I feel a loss of power in the throttle and torque of the motorcycle.
This is reflected in the fact that the last third of the throttle does not add power but only noise, but the motorcycle does not add speed.
When I release the gas handle a bit in the half of the throttle, the motorcycle returns to being strong.
I have this phenomenon for several months and after checking with several mechanics there are 2 indications.
What is causing this phenomenon is the change in air / fuel ratio.
What is causing this change is a fuel pump that does not emit enough fuel.
After my mechanic recommended replacing a pump, I bought an excellent Quantum pump, with good recommendations. After assembling the pump inside the pump housing and assembling the fuel tank, the motorcycle feels excellent and strong,
But after a few miles of administrative travel the problem recurs, and again the event becomes weak so that its maximum speed ends at 80 miles per hour.
After disassembly and the pump assembly the fault is resolved, it seems no problem, but again after a few miles there is again power loss.

After replacing lots of lots of money, a new engine imported from the bar, an air box, a fuel pump including a filter, and many other parts (the motorcycle went through a project to come back after a long neglect), I try to figure out what could make this phenomenon go away.
Each time I dismantle the fuel tank and return it, do a fuel quantity check for the pump, get 350 CC, after I return home from 100km ride do the test again and get 280 CC.
Is there a possibility that there is an electronic failure that leads to the pump not working properly after extended work?
What do you think can cause this phenomenon, I would love to hear from your experience, what can be done?

Thank you so much to everyone for every bit of thread that will help me overcome this phenomenon, after doing disassemblies and assemblies and injecting money into vain it is such a frustrating thing to deal with.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you open op the throttle, do the REVs increase? You can see this easily from the dial on the dash. If so, you will need to adjust (loosen) your clutch cable. And if this has been going on for a while, you may be suffering from burned clutch plates, who will then need to be replaced.

A fuelling problem would not just increase the noise, but also lead to stumbling/hesitation where the speed actually backs off. You may want to try the external fuel filter mod. External Fuel Filter modification

The cause of this could be rust in the tank that keeps clogging up the filters. See this as well: Sputtering and bogging down with attempt of full throttle issues!

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Clutch slip is a possibility, that would account for the noise and no power and as the oil heats up the slip becomes worse.

The cable on your bike must adjusted at both ends for free play and must be done correctly.

Also if it feels like fuel problems try it with your fuel cap open, there could be a blockage in the fuel cap vent, this will stop air replacing the used fuel causing a low fuel problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much for the comments.
The clutch is fine, I will say the fault again,
After dismantling and assembling the pump, after testing, the pump delivers 330 ml of fuel (three times the ignition actuation), after driving for several miles, when the motorcycle loses power, I come home and do the same test again, and the pump delivers 250 ml of fuel.
The noise I hear comes from the engine making a roar as the two butterflies of the throttle house open fully.
Usually this roar is not clearly heard because it reads at high speeds and the wind is very noisy in the helmet, but when the motorcycle does not generate torque it is clearly heard.
Hope I was clear. Thanks:)

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Sounds like starved for fuel. But your 3 x ignition cycle flow volume is still quite good. It needs to be much lower to cause problems. My 2004 WEE had 220 - 250 ml for 9 x ignition cycle. It did not rev over 6 k under load.

That being said I would get a fuel pressure gauge setup to verify that your pump gives the required pressure with the engine running. Actual flow volume is pressure dependent. Here (US) you can rent the test kit from an auto parts store. I made my own, was not so easy to find the components.

It is rare but not unheard of that the pump assembly pressure regulator malfunctions.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like starved for fuel. But your 3 x ignition cycle flow volume is still quite good. It needs to be much lower to cause problems. My 2004 WEE had 220 - 250 ml for 9 x ignition cycle. It did not rev over 6 k under load.

That being said I would get a fuel pressure gauge setup to verify that your pump gives the required pressure with the engine running. Actual flow volume is pressure dependent. Here (US) you can rent the test kit from an auto parts store. I made my own, was not so easy to find the components.

It is rare but not unheard of that the pump assembly pressure regulator malfunctions.
Can you send me the details of the jit tgat you build please? Maby it will give me better indicetion

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Something similar to this one:
Pressure Tester
You need to figure out what size you have on your bike. I think Fuel Line Quick Connector for 5/16 In

This is what I bought:
Lang Tools 74484 - 5/16" Quick Disconnect hose assembly with Quick Coupler Plug: Chrysler/Ford $ 27.90
http://www.langtools.com/sku-74484-5-16-quick-disconnect-hose-assembly-with-quick-coupler-plug-chrysler-ford/

Replacement Schrader valve stem 1/8”:
https://www.amazon.com/Control-Devices-Brass-Tank-Valve/dp/B0081TJO72/ref=pd_ybh_a_51?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FN4AM9F8FFPX3WA3A7T5
Control Devices Brass Tank Valve, 1/8" NPT

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Try your test again with the gas cap open, a blocked vent can cause your problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts