StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...about corporate Suzuki.

History: 12/14/05 purchased a used 2005 DL650 from a private seller. Included was a transferrable 48 month extended service plan.

The original owner provided me with the transfer paperwork at time of purchase. I completed the form with my information and mailed it to Suzuki on 12/18/05. So I ride along all season fat, dumb and happy.

TODAY, nearly a year later, I receive a letter from Suzuki stating that they have received my transfer request. However, in order to process the request, they need me to supply copies of all maintenance records and/or maintenance log with receipts for service preformed while in the original owners possesion. And they need it by 12/30/06.

First of all, the maintenance record was already provided on the request form. First service was preformed at the dealer at 500 miles. The second entry is another oil and filter change done by the owner at 3100 miles.

I bought the bike with 3364 miles on it. According to the maintenance schedule in the manual, first service is due at 600 miles and the next at 4000. So the first service performed at the dealer was the only one required at that time. Suzuki has the name of that dealer as well as the dealer #. Why must they jerk me around. And why wait a year to do it?

Has anyone here made a successful warranty transfer?

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Crowtdog, that is just plain stupid. They will probably tell you the paper work from you only arrived last week.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey thats MY strom!

crowtdog, let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Tony

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Tony, Thought you were still lurking around here. Do you think the dealer would still have a record of that first service from June of 2005? And somehow get a hard copy in my hands?

Otherwise, all I'm going to do is re-submit the request along with a letter outlining my impressions of there customer service up to this point.:evil:

Luckily I made a copy of the transfer request before I mailed it. It's written on there where and when the service took place. Don't know what their problem is.

Fortunately, the bike has been nothing but a pleasure to own so far.

Dave

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm composing my letter on this matter and thought it may have more impact if I can get a copy off to someone a little higher up the food chain than the processing department.

Does anyone have an address for corporate Suzuki (USA)? I figure there must be a customer relations department I can send this to.

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Kristen

Unfortunately you probably know some of those folks too well. But I bet you won't be sending them any Christmas cards.

Thanks again, Dave

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll check with the service department the next time I stop by the dealer to see what they have for records.

·
Premium Member
556 Posts
I too bought a used bike that had the factory transferable warranty, but it was close to the end, so I didn't bother even trying because I knew it would be a hassle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
In the grand order of things, I mean, including all time and eternity, the warranty transfer probably won't matter.

Chances are, your bike will continue to work great and you'll never have a need to use the warranty.

- Tom

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I received a letter from Suzuki today. My transfer request has finally been approved. How kind of them. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Only a month to do 2 minutes of paper work. Sounds about right. Next months comes the request to re-submit your request.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts