StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone? I thought I was a member but apparently never joined, don't know why. I bought my V-strom new in 2005, it is a 1000cc model and I've done lots and lots to it. With life changes blah, blah, blah, I still cannot part with this bike as I started thinking about doing last year. I have a couple of other bikes with one in-particular that I had been planning on making into a street tracker type of bike... You know what? After unplugging the battery tender a couple weeks ago and my trusty VStrom started on the first try, I simply thought why not make something I can/want to ride more often out of such a reliable, fun and trustworthy bike. So here's the deal (with me), I'm starting to strip down my bike to make it something else. Honest apologies to the folks wanting to slap me for changing this bike for what is intended. My first question (and I'll search) is has anyone else really spent any time making one of these bikes a street only custom? I'm also super interested in finding anyone that may have dropped their bike or had any unfortunate accident as I'm going to have lots of parts I want to part with. Anyone with my model can reach out to me if you are looking for any specific part and I have a full set of Givi hard luggage I'm parting with as well. I'll be looking around the forum and will do my best to keep posts where they need to be.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
Seems the thoughts of a slim strom have entered many a mind. Some have turned out well. Enjoy the transformation.

·
Super Moderator
4,514 Posts
Welcome back. We had a security scare a couple of years back and needed to have everyone confirm their membership. That may be the reason why a previous membership is now invalid.
You will need 20 posts to advertise items for sale. If you do not wish to wait that long PM me with your old username and I will fix you up.
Good luck with the project. The best bike is the one you are currently riding. :grin2:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for that info and it makes perfect sense because I know I joined but fell off the radar for a number of years. No worries on finding my old data, I didn't post much anyway. I appreciate and will do my best to respect the rules because I appreciate the work that goes into these forums. I will lean on all of the different areas and try to share some of my work too so I'll get up to those 20 or so posts without issue.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
4,149 Posts
Welcome to the forum, officially, Street.

Check out the For Sale section when you're ready to get rid parts. Many of us have the "fat" versions and frequently drop them. :grin2:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts