StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn’t believe it when it was approved. New 2018 in February of this year. Great deal. Had to make some personal mods to get the soft bags on. Then I got the new addition this week. Can you spot it?
627765FB-4D5E-4040-9753-9C930AD2A2B2.jpeg 327F2DA8-A6C1-4C56-BD64-F5172D58C685.jpeg 688FEE61-AE4F-4B72-B17D-5260FAD2D286.jpeg

·
Registered
15,052 Posts
Wow, those bag plate extenders really shove the right side out there. Nelson Rigg bags?
Those look as big as mine.

·
Premium Member
5,010 Posts
I was looking at these but some of the reviews were marginal. What do you think?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, those bag plate extenders really shove the right side out there. Nelson Rigg bags?
Those look as big as mine.
I made those extenders myself with 3/8" aluminum plate and some aluminum pipe. Still some work to do to push the right one away from the exhaust as it has curled over the last month so it is now touching it. Not good. I have an idea and will be modifying it soon. And yes, Nelson Rigg. They are okay until I save for Givi hard cases :)...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was looking at these but some of the reviews were marginal. What do you think?

View attachment 274008
I have this exact one. For the price, thought I'd give it a try. Positives: it works pretty good. Negatives: it's heavy! moves the windscreen around over the slightest bump. Its directly in your field of vision and obstructs your view. It will loosen over bumps unless you put some serious elbow grease when tightening it down. I ended up ditching it after my first road trip. Bought the Puig touring screen. Much better and slightly taller than the stock with the extension. My suggestion, put the money towards a proper windscreen. There's a few to choose from.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have this exact one. For the price, thought I'd give it a try. Positives: it works pretty good. Negatives: it's heavy! moves the windscreen around over the slightest bump. Its directly in your field of vision and obstructs your view. It will loosen over bumps unless you put some serious elbow grease when tightening it down. I ended up ditching it after my first road trip. Bought the Puig touring screen. Much better and slightly taller than the stock with the extension. My suggestion, put the money towards a proper windscreen. There's a few to choose from.
I have to agree with your comments. My screen bounces around a lot due to the multiple position bracket it uses. A larger screen would be my preference, but for $30 to try it, this is a more cost effective solution for the interim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts