StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
22,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally, what I've been waiting for all winter, a snowstorm to ride in and get some video.

First, I rolled my bike out to the road, then got my gear on, then thumb the starter, click, er uh dead, I just rode a couple days ago, not unexpected, battery is original from Dec 06, close to 70k miles and 3 charging system failures
[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOuFedZA-Rs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOuFedZA-Rs[/URL]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
22,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it you didn't dare try push starting?
I got it started by jumping it with my jeep, no way was I going got a ride with a dead battery when I'm utilizing all 400 watts just to keep the engine running and me warm with maybe 10 watts left over to charge the battery

while I can easily roll it out to the road without starting the bike, getting it back in requires that I use the bike's power even if I'm walking beside it, its too steep a hill to push up

I had to deliver some survey maps, used my jeep instead, even though we only got 7-8 inches so far, road conditions are very similar to my ride in last winter's blizzard

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
My Honda ATV has the same battery as the Strom. ATV is a 2003 and has been dead once. The ATV sits a lot between usage, no tender ever used. The battery is still going strong.

Strom battery is a 2007 with 65,000 miles, it gets ridden a lot though. Never sounds even close to low when started.

I have a 2 year old spare from a repair job I did that is on the shelf for when either my ATV or strom coughs up the battery. They both stay in my basement in nice heated conditions...Im sure that helps.

The Harley is sitting idle with a dead battery:confused:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Can you get enough traction on ice to roll start it?

Right now I'm down in Florida with sweat rolling down into my cast forming a bacteriological nighmare on my left ankle.

Wish I were there.

On a bike.

Hell, I wish I were anywhere on a bike.

Happy First Day of Riding Season.

·
Registered
22,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Can you get enough traction on ice to roll start it?

Right now I'm down in Florida with sweat rolling down into my cast forming a bacteriological nighmare on my left ankle.

Wish I were there.

On a bike.

Hell, I wish I were anywhere on a bike.

Happy First Day of Riding Season.

I got it started by jumping it with my jeep, no way was I going got a ride with a dead battery when I'm utilizing all 400 watts just to keep the engine running and me warm with maybe 10 watts left over to charge the battery
ya really think I wanna get stranded out in the cold with a dead battery,

not first ride of season for me, I've put at least 1k miles since Jan 1

I doubt it woulda push started, the battery was so dead it barely dimly lit the dash lights and didn't power up the fuel pump (not enuf power to trigger the relay?)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Last time I rode a dirtbike in the snow, it didn't end well... I can't imagine riding a litre bike and having any fun at all. But then again, whatever floats your boat. 80 degrees here in NC, perfect riding weather :thumbup:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Only 7 inches? That means I got way more than you. (I'm ~20-30 min south of you.) Which is rare.

I am acutely aware of how much snow is in my yard right now as I destroyed my snow blower this morning and had to shovel the driveway by hand today.

Like I said on NESR: Bummah doode.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Seriously.... How do you ride in the snow??

I rode up to Palomar Mt., San Diego county on the back road, Nate Harris Grade (dirt) and as soon as I hit the snow I was done for.

Granted, no knobbies. I was on Torrance but geez, the front and the rear were all over the place. Dropped the bike twice and scratched my tank to boot!

Must be knobbies w/ studs.:confused:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
ya really think I wanna get stranded out in the cold with a dead battery,

I always knew you were a lightweight.

Italics used for irony, I'm in no condition to try to run away from an angry New Hampshirian.

·
Registered
22,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Only 7 inches? That means I got way more than you. (I'm ~20-30 min south of you.) Which is rare.

I am acutely aware of how much snow is in my yard right now as I destroyed my snow blower this morning and had to shovel the driveway by hand today.

Like I said on NESR: Bummah doode.
7-8 when I attempted to go for the ride, snow was still coming down hard, got about a foot total

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
All that money you're saving on tires, buy a new battery. Make a movie of the purchase.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Addiction has been described as striking your head repeatedly with a 2X4 each time expecting a different result. You my friend are in need of a good 12 step program because your nuts for even thinking about riding in that kind of weather.:green_lol:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
All that money you're saving on tires, buy a new battery. Make a movie of the purchase.
Thanks, now I need to change my pants.

·
Registered
5 Posts
+1 for New battery. Walmart sells them pretty cheap around me these days. They even have sealed batteries now for every bike in my garage. I never buy anything more expensive and these batteries have performed well.

I hear riding in the snow is a blast on a small bike but I don't think I would give it a go on the strom though. As a few others said though, whatever floats your boat :thumbup:.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts