1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Cool, does Skidmore Corner live up to its name?

I'd like to do that with my favorite rides.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly just broad sweepers. Not to many chances to scrape pegs unless you're really exceeding legal speed limits. But, its the best I've got close to home. Next weekend I plan on finding some more dirt stretches.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Nice roads over there by Quantico, Elk Run Road, Somerville and Bristersburg. Kind of flat but fun!

For more hilly and scenic, c'mon west a bit out past Gainesville and around the Marshall/Middleburg/Markham/Front Royal area and there's a ton of great stuff. For starters on dirt/gravel roads that aren't too terribly challenging but still fun and scenic, look up Bull Run Mountain Road, Rock Hill Mill Rd., Oregon Hollow Rd., and Swift Shoals Rd. Be happy to show you some starters.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice roads over there by Quantico, Elk Run Road, Somerville and Bristersburg. Kind of flat but fun!

For more hilly and scenic, c'mon west a bit out past Gainesville and around the Marshall/Middleburg/Markham/Front Royal area and there's a ton of great stuff. For starters on dirt/gravel roads that aren't too terribly challenging but still fun and scenic, look up Bull Run Mountain Road, Rock Hill Mill Rd., Oregon Hollow Rd., and Swift Shoals Rd. Be happy to show you some starters.

:thumbup:
I'll have to check those out. I've ridden through Shenandoah last year, but didn't explore any of the side roads. Thanks for suggestions.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts