StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased from a local owner my first V-Strom. I did own a Suzuki GSX650F and I did enjoy that bike. But by far this V-Strom is more comfortable and more fun to ride than other bike I owned. I also used to own Harleys. This V-Strom is a 2004 with 26,000 miles. The 2nd owener added almost $3000 in extras, including Givi hard bags, the good mounting rails, engine guards, skid plate, center stand, PIAA lights, Scorpion exhaust, gel seat, just to name a few. I have added the Whelen TIR3 lights to the rear to work as run/brake lights. Now with the help of an electrical engineer, I got them to work because these are the unmodified TIR3's that go on emergency vehicles. Some people in the Daytona area may have seen those type of lights on Harleys from BADDASSLIGHTS.com. Those are the same but with modifications that change the original 2 wire system into a 3 wire system to allow for the run/brake light and the ability to change the brake flash pattern. Mine with just be steady burn, but man o man, they are sure bright!. There price about 249 bucks, my cost 100 bucks for the lights and about 15 dollars in hardware.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. Sounds like it has everything you should ever need on it. Post some pictures if you can.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I just purchased from a local owner my first V-Strom. I did own a Suzuki GSX650F and I did enjoy that bike. But by far this V-Strom is more comfortable and more fun to ride than other bike I owned. I also used to own Harleys. This V-Strom is a 2004 with 26,000 miles. The 2nd owener added almost $3000 in extras, including Givi hard bags, the good mounting rails, engine guards, skid plate, center stand, PIAA lights, Scorpion exhaust, gel seat, just to name a few.
You hit quite a stroke of luck. 2004 was the absolute best year for a DL650

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks very nice. Are those E360's on the side and an E460 as a top case? If so how close are they for overall size to each other on the outside?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts