StromTrooper banner

My new iway 600 and a problem

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ladukebob 
#1 ·
I was so excited this morning, first time using the new iway on the bike. My Ram Mount, that is a month late finally showed up the other day, and got the installed on the bike last night. We used the gps in the car a couple weeks ago and it works great.

So the problem this morning is I am hearing VERY loud and annoying engine interference through the earbuds. The higher the rpms the louder the interference. Could it be because I wired the ground lead straight to the negative terminal on the battery? Should that be moved to the frame itself?

Anyone else have these same issues?
Thanks.

#2 ·
Never ground anything to the aluminum frame, massive corrosion will result.

On my iWay I get a minimal amount of feedback thru my earphones, pretty much un-noticeable.

I have the GPS relay powered thru a Centech fuse panel, grounded to the battery negative.

There are some things you can do such as a ground loop isolator, route the power wiring away from any ignition sources etc...some of the electrical guru's maybe able to offer better advice.

Good luck!

#3 ·
Do as Beserker suggested.

You will probably find, after you get used to your system, You will turn off the sound. I use a Mio C-520 and after one trip last summer, I turned off the sound. I just use the visual cues that the Mio puts out, (which are different then the iway I believe).

Either way, you will be very happy that you added this device to your bike. It opens up a whole new world!

#4 ·
I couldn't care less about the voice commands I all ready have that function turned off. It's all about the Mp3's!
Radio Shack didn't have what I needed so now I turn to the Internet......again.

#6 ·
Fixed!

Rainier_Tom pm'ed me yesterday with the solution. He suggested using an in-line power noise filter from Radio Shack. The thing didn't cost more then about $6 and it did the trick, no more noise what so ever! Clean music.

Thanks Tom

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.