StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw my new black DL650 at the dealership. It is way early in the season here, but if I can't drive it home this Sat, i have a trailer available. Did not take it for a ride, but did start it up and sat on it for a while. The engine is smooth at idle, with just a hint of vib. The exhaust is very quiet. I agree that it is a bit tall. I am 5' 6" tall, with a 32" inseam, and was almost able to flat-foot it, so it is not too bad. Love the ergos, have been riding a Vulcan cruiser for a while, and this seems like it will be much more comfy. I was worried that it would look a bit funky, as it does in the photos, but it is way nicer in real life. The display is very nice, a lot of info in a easy to read layout. Some items are a little on the cheap side, the chain gaurd comes to mind, but the paint is nice, and I think it looks great in black. All in all, I think it will be a great ride!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We should be able to ride most days by the end of April, we have had a lot of snow and cold this year. Goofy area to live in, had 50 degrees on Tuesday, and it was -5 this morning! Ours roads are not the smoothest here, I am hoping that this bike will be well suited for the conditions. Thanks for the tip on lowering the bike, I will give it a go when I get it home.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I did it, rode my new DL650 home this afternoon. The temperature was 30 degrees when i was riding! The fairing works wonderful, only my hands and feet got a little cold on the 28 mile ride. The bike is very nice to ride, turned 4800rpm at 65mph. Did not get a feel for the performance, only reved it to 5000rpm. But it sure is sweet at the lower engine speeds I was riding it at. The forks do seem a bit on the stiff side, as compared to the rear shock. All in all I am very pleased with it! If I can figure out how to post a photo, I have one of it sitting in my snowy driveway.[/img]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts