StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after some hemming and hawing, I attacked my Motech Bash Plate farkle.

PLEASE NOTE: This was done adapting the SW-MOTECH Bash Plate to my GIVI Crash Bars on an '06 Wee.

I didn't like the adapter system included for the Motech Crash Plate that I bought from Twisted Throttle. The Adapter system seemed a little too weak, and provided too much space btw the sensitive stuff and the crash plate. So...

After breaking a couple of cheap-a$$ tools breaking the Kickstand loose...



I got to work.

After some dry-fitting things and movin about, I figured a way to use most of the stuff given from the original kit and the Givi adapter kit.

Basic rear piece was installed as instructed by the directions.

Using my foot and a wooden step, I bent the front "lip" out (towards the front) about an inch or so. Gentle pressure... no flaking of the powder coat.

I figured that a couple of new holes could be drilled in the Givi Adapter Plate to make things fit


I liked the metal supports that fit inside the rubber grommets for the front attachment. First I routed them out so that the supplied U-bolts would slide through.


They were a bit too long, so I trimmed them with my dremmel. (please note my home-made multi-clamp!)




I would have preferred to have the bolts face toward the bike, but... so be it. So here is how it turned out.


It fits much closer to "where it should be". The pipe barely peeks out of the bottom (5mm-ish), the "dead space" in front of the head-pipe is lessened, it still uses the rubber grommets (and supports) to allow for vibration, and I did it with normal tools that I had out here in the country.

Hope ya like.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
90 Posts
Go to your local hardware store (ACE) and look for rubber caps for the bolts to cover the ends or use acorn nuts. Looks nice and solid!:mod2_cowboy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good idea. thanks
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top