StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, folks...I joined about a year ago after getting my K7 Vee but have never posted before today. I browsed a bit, but got distracted and ended up forgetting I'd even signed up. I've been working on my Vee for several months now trying to get it to handle the way I wanted it to and I think I'm finally done. Yesterday, a friend of mine reminded me I'd signed up here and suggested I post my results, so without further ado...my K7 Vee:

The basics:

2007 Suzuki DL1000, purchased used in May 2012. Came with Givi engine guards, Givi side cases, adjustable windscreen, grip heaters and a center stand. It also had two train horns installed, as well as a two battery tender connections, one of which is used to power a 3-cigarette lighter outlet contained in the tank bag.

The day I picked it up:

In a nutshell, I turned it into a Triumph Tiger with a Suzuki motor.

The changes:

Paint, body work and 0.05-over springs by H.O.P. Designs.

RaceTech revalve and suspension adjustment by MU.

17” front wheel conversion. Wheel is off an ’03 GSXR600.

Rear wheel widened to accept a 180/55 instead of the stock 150/70 pizza cutter. Widening done by Sandy Kosman (SKWheel) in California.

Powder coating by ScooterTrash.

Stock front brake calipers replaced with Nissin 4-piston calipers from a CBR600RR. Adapter brackets purchased from SVRacingParts.com. EBC HH-Sintered pads installed.

ProTaper Carmichael bars with 1” risers.

Bar end mirrors.

-2 front sprocket with Speedo DRD to compensate for gear change and difference in rear tire size.

Michelin Pilot Power 3’s front and rear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts