StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 DL650
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally getting around to sharing the report of my first SaddleSore 1000 + BunBurner 1500. This will be abbreviated in the interest of a quick read.

Back story: Last winter, I spitballed making a [car] trip to the National Museum of the USAF. Bought a K9 Wee in June which turned the trip from a drive to a ride. Made the museum trip, and what was supposed to be a two day ride home ended up being a single 860 mile ride. This could only mean one thing: Saddlesore time.

With the endpoints of Town Hill Overlook in Little Orleans, MD (500 miles away) and Rouse's Point, NY (250 miles away) in mind... I set off first thing on the morning of the 10th.

About 8 and a half hours later I made it to my turnaround point:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Sky

My Givi top case had plenty of room for all the essentials, and Rok-Straps worked a treat for holding down my tent + sleeping bag. Glad I didn't have to use them!

After a quick stop for a rest and a trip to the B&B's gift shop, I started heading back home. The two main stops on the way home were Bob Evans for some cinnabiscuits and PerazziMX14's place as he was along the way and had a RAM X-Grip up for grabs. The bike chat and offer to top up my drinks was much appreciated, and thanks for responding at such short notice!

Side note: Avoid getting gas in CT... $3.79 was quite the shock!

END OF SS1000 - 1087 ODO MILES - 17 HRS 31 MINUTES ELAPSED

Map World Line Atlas Terrestrial plant

The following morning, it was back in the saddle to get the full I-89 experience.
My two takeaways when I got there were "Wow, Vermont's beautiful" and "Man, those VSP cruisers are well camouflaged".
I didn't have any incidents with them, but man are they sneaky!

Cloud Tire Sky Wheel Water

I made the entire trip from Rouses Point to New London in one seating thanks to a Subaru that maintained a nice pace all the way through.
From there, it was a smooth ride home.

END OF BB1500 - 1624 ODO MILES - 33 HRS 37 MINUTES ELAPSED

Map Parallel Screenshot Atlas

I couldn't have asked for better weather, a better bike, or a better trip!
Only a matter of time before my 650 sees the rest of the lower 48...

·
Registered
2009 DL1000
15 Posts
That is some serious seat time. I would love to get that far out and back next season. There are lots of cool places to get to from where I live, I just have to get time and go.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Most excellent, CaptBanana. Well done! Well done, Perazzi, too.

Reactions: CaptBanana
1 - 5 of 5 Posts