StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ordered a Moose Racing shorty a couple of days ago and since then during my travels about the garage I found an old piece of smoked perspex that i snaggled off a local rubbish collection pile umteen years ago. It will be a few weeks till i get the shorty but I have a huge ride on this weekend (over 1000kms!) and was not looking forward to 12 odd hours of buffeting! Thus I took to the garage with perspex in tow and come up with this quick knock up. The perspex had a small 10cm crack in it so I super glued it then smoothed it down with some wet and dry and cut out a flat black vinyl mask sticker on my vinyle cutter to cover it. It turned out ok for a first attempt.
And yes.... it works perfectly. Clean air on my helmet, almost zero wind to the chest and no dead spot pressure behind the screen. I reckon it looks ok to. WIN!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kinda fun to take something collecting dust and make it into something useful. I needed a smaller shield for Madstad brackets I had recently bought for my 02 Vee, and ran across a tall (as in barndoor) MP Cycle shield I bought years ago for my previous Vee (03). Got out the jigsaw, cut off the lower half in the shape I wanted, drilled some mounting holes, and presto! Works like a charm.

·
Registered
672 Posts
How do you put Madstadt brackets on an 02? I thought that they were 04 and up.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I ordered a Moose Racing shorty a couple of days ago and since then during my travels about the garage I found an old piece of smoked perspex that i snaggled off a local rubbish collection pile umteen years ago. It will be a few weeks till i get the shorty but I have a huge ride on this weekend (over 1000kms!) and was not looking forward to 12 odd hours of buffeting! Thus I took to the garage with perspex in tow and come up with this quick knock up. The perspex had a small 10cm crack in it so I super glued it then smoothed it down with some wet and dry and cut out a flat black vinyl mask sticker on my vinyle cutter to cover it. It turned out ok for a first attempt.
And yes.... it works perfectly. Clean air on my helmet, almost zero wind to the chest and no dead spot pressure behind the screen. I reckon it looks ok to. WIN!
:worthless:

any pics of said project?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good kyleewhyotee, if that sucker :thumbup:doesn't keep the air at bay nothing will!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Nice job Redman.
Short and wide. Should be perfect. Price was right too.
I've had a shorty on a Madstad for the past six years. I keep a barn door for the occasional interstater, but the rest of the time it's the shorty. The OEM screen hasn't been used since the shorty arrived. I'm surprised they're not more popular.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts