StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lurking around this forum for years, and finally purchased an Orange 2k9 wee. I've read people posting over and over that at some point you WILL drop this bike. I have been riding for only a few years, but had yet to drop a motorcycle. Well, yesterday we took a ride to the store and I placed the bike on the side stand and got off, allowing her to get off second. (It is easier for her since she is 4'9" and the Givi v46 makes it difficult for her to swing her leg over). I went to grab the handlebars to stabilize the bike so she could get off, but apparently I didn't place the stand all the way down and it started leaning over. I tried with all my might to pull it back up. While I was struggling, she jumped off the back, landed on her feet, and ran over and helped me pick it back up BEFORE it hit the ground. This lesson cost me nothing but a sore back.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Glad your incident wasn't too bad. My wife and I always seem to have a little trouble getting on and off the bike. We may not be doing it the easist way. Not sure how many ways there are, but hope this thread touches on it a little. I would hate to drop my bike just trying to get on or off it (sort of an ego thing if people were watching).

Jim

·
Registered
482 Posts
She's a total hottie, no photo needed!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I have been lurking around this forum for years, and finally purchased an Orange 2k9 wee. I've read people posting over and over that at some point you WILL drop this bike. I have been riding for only a few years, but had yet to drop a motorcycle. Well, yesterday we took a ride to the store and I placed the bike on the side stand and got off, allowing her to get off second. (It is easier for her since she is 4'9" and the Givi v46 makes it difficult for her to swing her leg over). I went to grab the handlebars to stabilize the bike so she could get off, but apparently I didn't place the stand all the way down and it started leaning over. I tried with all my might to pull it back up. While I was struggling, she jumped off the back, landed on her feet, and ran over and helped me pick it back up BEFORE it hit the ground. This lesson cost me nothing but a sore back.
from now on keep it in gear, push it forward 'til it don't move, then put the stand down. even if you don't get it all the way down the bike won't be able to roll forward off the stand. if rolls back a little no har cuz it'll just set the stand.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Thanks guys, yes she is one of a kind.

Even though a picture is not needed, here's one anyway:
Luss, Please ask her if she likes old, wrinkled up guys with bad legs. If so I'd like to meet her before you guys tie the knot. :biggrinjester:

Tom

·
Registered
698 Posts
What a girl!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts