StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride there atleast three times a year durring the summer. I ussually stay in Calumet. It has great roads and great scenery. Copper Harbor is in Michigans upper peninsula. If you can get there atleast once do it.

P.S. My dad is going to kill me for saying this because he likes the fact there are not to many guys on bikes up there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Haven't been up to Copper Harbor on a bike, used to go up there every few years with the parents. They still live in Newberry (eastern UP) so that would make a fine day trip the next time I ride up there to visit. Lots of great things to see in the UP, take some time to explore. Good fishing up there too. :)

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm headed that way next weekend.. Kinda..
Bouncing up through the UP, on the way to the Soo.. Spending a day or two in Manistique, and stopping at the shipwreck museum at Whitefish Point.. And I always must stop at the Fish House in Paradise for a fresh lunch of daily caught whitefish..

·
Registered
319 Posts

That's me, and that's Copper Harbor in the background.. :D

Beautiful area!!!

This is a park about 10 miles from Gay, MI..

My bike and my idiot buddy trying to skip rocks.. :lol:

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
I was there several years ago. More like 15. I was dating a woman whose sister had a house on Lake Superior. We were there early spring, still snow in alot of areas. It is beautiful there!! Always wanted to get back and do the waterfall tour!

·
Registered
626 Posts
The UP is one of my favorite places for camping tours. Good roads, minimum traffic (except at the Bridge), great scenery, good food and really friendly people. Need to put a trip up there on next year's riding agenda. The Wee will be perfect for a trip like that.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I look forward to riding there.

Thanks for the encouragement ... as if I needed any.

My Wee-Strom has carried me to the UP twice, and I look forward to another ride there in July. I have a project that will take me the length of US Highway 41. That means I start in Miami Beach FL, visit my Sarasota home on the first night on the road, then go North for 1780 more miles to Copper Harbor.

Oddly enough, my Wee-Strom has carried me into Michigan six times, but only three times into Florida. I don't know why I keep track of things like that. :)

Keith

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Paper,

Just wanted to say thanks for the pics. I grew up in Ann Arbor and our folks used to take us up there in the summers. I had 3 older sisters and we used to play in the water on that very beach. I can't believe that I used to swim there as cold as that water is.

It's really cool to see a place I used to go, 49 years ago.....really cool cause it loooks exactly the same.

jeff

1 - 10 of 10 Posts