Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
27lbs and I havent added bags yet..

I know the 2013 650 is 18 lbs lighter than the older model.. but

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
When you've spent more per pound than the MSRP of a new BMW.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Adding up the weight of my farkles, I assume will provide a similar response as when I looked at my purchase history from Revzilla/Bike Bandit and saw that total. :jawdrop:

My thought would be what ever you're adding to the bike/you, make adjustments to the suspension and you should be ok. My bike has been asking for adjustments to the suspension, so I'm complying. As I make changes, the bike is getting happier. Once I swap out for a stiffer rear spring, I think it will be very happy.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
When the tire won't hold air. :confused:
This is the theory I used. As to dollar cost, I didn't keep count. I know I am somewhere north of $2000 in farkles but keeping track of the exact amount was too depressing so I chucked the spreadsheet I was using to track how much I was spending. I am a lot happier with the bike as a result.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is the theory I used. As to dollar cost, I didn't keep count. I know I am somewhere north of $2000 in farkles but keeping track of the exact amount was too depressing so I chucked the spreadsheet I was using to track how much I was spending. I am a lot happier with the bike as a result.

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

Kind of like when my daughter played travel volleyball,,, I just wrote checks and did not add it up.:yikes:
Some things are better left unknown.....:yesnod:

·
Administrator
17,397 Posts
Still going to be lighter than probably 3/4 of the street bikes on the market.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I don't want to know how much money, but I'll bet I've added 100 pounds to the bike. I've also lost 130 pounds body weight, so I suppose it all washes. It will go anywhere I want to go and do anything I want to do, including 850 mile days.

·
Administrator
13,746 Posts
27lbs and I havent added bags yet..

I know the 2013 650 is 18 lbs lighter than the older model.. but
I think my Corbin Seat alone adds that kind of weight.

Most people add too much crap to their bikes as everyone seems to think they need stuff that odds are will never matter.

And unless you are fairly small of stature and very light in weight you probably won't find you even notice 50 pounds on the bike, at least not after riding a few minutes.

Just add what you need and want and go riding.

At least when the snow melts.

..Tom

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I've added so much to mine , I'm investigating light weight fuel. :mrgreen:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I think my Corbin Seat alone adds that kind of weight.
At about 200 lbs per square foot, the weight of the granite Corbin uses will start to add up.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Ok.. So don't add crap, lose weight, don't add up how much it cost, change the spring,and most importantly keep riding

Cool
You forgot the front forks. Lots to do to them to bring them up to where they are really good...

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
You forgot the front forks. Lots to do to them to bring them up to where they are really good...

Namaste'
Doug from Kentucky
Indeed, plus suspension upgrades don't appreciably add to the bike's porkitude.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts