StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i figured out the logistics of the thing and enlisted the hubby's expertise with some of the tools, and this is what we came up with! personally, i'm thrilled with it -- first time i ever built anything -- i'm stoked and will be "showing it off" at the Eastern Owners Meeting of FJR riders this weekend (hubby has an FJR1300).

i like the way it balances the appearance of the bike:

:cool: :D

·
Off Wee-ing in the woods
676 Posts
Looks great. Good job. It's amazing what can be accomplished with a little confidence, ingenuity, and guidance.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Pretty much the same done here, but I think I went overboard with painting it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i thought about painting the end-cap on mine, but decided i was finished. LOL!

nice job -- i believe yours is the first one i saw and where i got started. :D

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts

I reckon I could fit my 70-200VR lens in one of those with a little bit of neoprene of similar lining. This could work well. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Lovely tool tubes. What are they made out of and where did you get the material?
I got everything at Lowes ! The tube comes in a 2 foot length, I cut the tube in half ( 12" ), and stupid me, I didn't think about the ends adding to the length of the tube. Before you glue everything together, just put it together first and see if you like what you have. It'll be a little hard to take apart for gluing, but may be worth it. You might want to drill an extra hole for ventilation.
EDIT - there is a less expensive tool tube available, it is a little smaller . I put two on the wifes bike.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks for the info andreas. Thanks for the link greywolf - those doors look great. A tool tube is one of my winter projects this year.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i like your tool box! never seen that configuration before. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts