StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15,623 Posts
Have you done 88 to 188 to 87? I've looked at that on the map for years but always stayed on 87 to get to the Mogollon Rim. It looks like it may be interesting but would take more time than I had to get where I was going.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roads

Have you done 88 to 188 to 87? I've looked at that on the map for years but always stayed on 87 to get to the Mogollon Rim. It looks like it may be interesting but would take more time than I had to get where I was going.
Yes, I have done all these roads. Just last week I did 188 west bound from Roosevelt Dam to Apache Junction. The road starts out with a lot of wash board stuff, then some gravel (1 to 2 inches) enough to get your attention if you are not paying attention to the road. A few miles east of Tortilla Flats it becomes paved and is very fun to ride. The road is narrow (gravel sections), in places cars would have to pull over for on coming traffic to pass each other, not a problem on a bike.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
Nice, I love that area. Camping on the Mogollon Rim is awesome. It sure does flatten out quick going east though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts