StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I am just posting this up here now. I am in Fort Nelson, BC on my way up to Alaska with my wife on our wee. We left Texas about a week and a half ago. I have been trying to keep a pretty detailed blog here:

www.2texans2alaska.blogspot.com

I always enjoyed reading about trips where the people doing it had the same bike as I did. I think it seems more relevant.

I am planning to write up a proper ride report and post it in that section after we return.

Bike is running great, and as long as the rear battlewing makes it to Fairbanks, then we are in good shape

jordan

·
Registered
379 Posts
That's a fine adventure you and Nikki are having Jordan. Excellent pics. It is great that you are doing it while you are young.

So neither of you were inclined to play "Slap the Grizzly" when you saw him?

What was the retired guy riding?? Since I am one of those too, I am always curious to see what other old fudds are riding around the country.

·
Registered
163 Posts
As I am reading this from work, I truly envy you. Awesome

·
Registered
329 Posts
Wow, what a good time you and your wife must be having. Thanks for sharing your blog. The pix are very cool. It may not be Alaska, but I'm going to take the long way home on my 75 mile commute tonight. :yesnod:

·
Registered
776 Posts
Great Post, thanks for sharing your trip. It's on my to do list, and I am getting excited just reading about it.

Safe travels to you both.

Clem

·
Premium Member
4,193 Posts
One of the best blogs ever!!!! You guys rock. Be safe and enjoy the rest of your trip. :hurray:
Ditto. Will be checking it regularly.

·
Registered
512 Posts
making it to ak

looks like you both are having a great time. it brings back my memories of 2001 when i did the whole trip...minus artic circle.

·
Registered
379 Posts
The adventure just keeps getting better. I recall the frost heave on the highway between Tok and Gakona. I didn't see it at first and we about launched into orbit. We finally realized what the little pink flags on the sticks were about along the roadside.

I thought the same with the scenery. The area outside of Palmer is beautiful and then that stretch to Tok looks something like the moon with scrubby trees.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Really appreciate the BLOG and the Planning and Maps. The boys and I are going from Colorado to Wildhorse and back next summer. This will be very helpful in our planning.

Great pics and writeup.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The blog is great, really enjoying the read! Thanks for taking the time.

There are some things I really love about your ride. Husband and wife, for one. Most of the Alaska ride reports I read are man-trips, nice to see a couple doing it. I also love the fact that you did it on a 650, with the stock screen, and what looks like the stock 650 seat albeit with a butt-pad.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts