StromTrooper banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #21
Here鈥檚 a few pictures from my weekend at Wayne national forest riding the trails.
I had a blast throwing the WEEEE around in the trails. It beat me up a little Saturday in the mud but Sunday it had dried up some And it was my turn 馃弽

Registered
Crazy that you're on those types of woods trails with a DL, i guess that's what they're for. I generally leave the trails that look like that for my dirtbikes and atv's but more power to you and also awesome to see that the DL can handle the abuse. I have to imagine it's a slow careful crawl though.

I can't tell you how many riders I've talked to who have gone down, do it right when they're pulling out of the drive. Often times cold tires, loose pebbles or something similar gets the better of them when they hit the road and they end up laying it down just like that. I always make a point, when first leaving to be extra cautious, it is 100% due to the fact that so many people I know have gone down while leaving the driveway.

Registered
Discussion Starter #24
Crazy that you're on those types of woods trails with a DL, i guess that's what they're for. I generally leave the trails that look like that for my dirtbikes and atv's but more power to you and also awesome to see that the DL can handle the abuse. I have to imagine it's a slow careful crawl though.

I can't tell you how many riders I've talked to who have gone down, do it right when they're pulling out of the drive. Often times cold tires, loose pebbles or something similar gets the better of them when they hit the road and they end up laying it down just like that. I always make a point, when first leaving to be extra cautious, it is 100% due to the fact that so many people I know have gone down while leaving the driveway.
It鈥檚 only slow for me in the mud because I run the Dunlop trailmax missions and they don鈥檛 like the real sloppy mud. I can hold her pretty good most of the time but it鈥檚 a big bike and it鈥檚 kinda heave so when you get over to far all you can do is let it go down and get up and try again.
She is big and heavy but it鈥檚 a blast Off road for me it鈥檚 great cardio workout throwing the beast around 馃槵off road on a big bike is for sure not for everyone and I don鈥檛 like it everyday but once in a while I like to do some stupid [email protected]&t most of my riding is back gravel roads my favorite place to get lost.
When I went down leaving home I had one of those throttle wrist rests on and when I spun slightly entering the pavement it began to do the tank slap so I went to power threw it and the wrist rest caused me to give it WAY to much throttle to just power threw it and the hole bike lifted off the ground and slammed me downs wrist rest is gone now and I鈥檒l never use one again. Tires weee not cold I had only been home for about 5 mins and it was 80 degrees out

Premium Member
Several years ago 3 of us were on road bikes-I was on my R1100RT BMW, a buddy was on an FJR Yamaha, the 3rd was on a Hondamatic 750. We rode to Pitkin, CO over Mt. Antero to Tincup. I had been over that route on my 04 Wee, but not a big road bike. The ride was uneventful with no damage to expensive plastics on the bikes. What I will never forget is the stunned look on riders coming down from Tincup to Pitkin on dirt bikes, and more suited off road rides. We did that 2X. Anyone who has ridden that route knows it ain't a place for bike road bikes! Fun, memorable, and exciting! That's what it can be all about!

Registered
Discussion Starter #29
Several years ago 3 of us were on road bikes-I was on my R1100RT BMW, a buddy was on an FJR Yamaha, the 3rd was on a Hondamatic 750. We rode to Pitkin, CO over Mt. Antero to Tincup. I had been over that route on my 04 Wee, but not a big road bike. The ride was uneventful with no damage to expensive plastics on the bikes. What I will never forget is the stunned look on riders coming down from Tincup to Pitkin on dirt bikes, and more suited off road rides. We did that 2X. Anyone who has ridden that route knows it ain't a place for bike road bikes! Fun, memorable, and exciting! That's what it can be all about!
Sounds like a great trip.
I love all the looks and comments I get when I get out on the harder trails. It鈥檚 a lot of work on the harder trails with the bigger bike but it鈥檚 so much fun.

Premium Member
Sounds like a great trip.
I love all the looks and comments I get when I get out on the harder trails. It鈥檚 a lot of work on the harder trails with the bigger bike but it鈥檚 so much fun.
That particular route is not easy, and the downward route past Tin Cup down to Buena Vista is much easier. Neat memory though as you might tell. As are hundreds of other rides I was able to do.

Registered
Discussion Starter #32
Some pics from some recent adventures

I was stuck on a real sloppy and steep hill he had to push 馃槵馃弽

21 - 32 of 32 Posts