StromTrooper banner
181 - 200 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
You were right about a skid plate. When I washed the bike tonight I found the oil filter dented in!
At least it was just a dent and not a hole. Is there much available for it yet?
my skid be plate is a little bent and has a couple deep grooves in it now 😬 it was a good day for sure

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #182 ·
My left rear lower back still hurts. Chazz kicked me hard in the left kidney when I tipped over on the trail.
Great Time was had by all.
I thought I seen him jump over the bike as I came around the corner. He was trying to make it look like he was just helping 😂
Was a good day for sure.

·
Registered
120 Posts
My brother and i were just out your way this weekend. We took our little Tdubs from cbus area to the AEP rec lands. Ended up camping at Sand Hollow site. We got a late start headed down there so we didn’t even scratch the surface. Planning on headed back there very soon. Maybe I’ll take the strom this time haha.

·
Registered
'20 DL1050XT
3,499 Posts
At least it was just a dent and not a hole. Is there much available for it yet?
my skid be plate is a little bent and has a couple deep grooves in it now 😬 it was a good day for sure
There's a few plates but I'm still researching...

Reactions: River650

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #186 ·
My brother and i were just out your way this weekend. We took our little Tdubs from cbus area to the AEP rec lands. Ended up camping at Sand Hollow site. We got a late start headed down there so we didn’t even scratch the surface. Planning on headed back there very soon. Maybe I’ll take the strom this time haha.
Let me know when you go back I’d be up for meeting you someplace. the back roads in that area are fun.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Great fun, I bet, much easier to wrestle a smaller bike with proper ground clearance.

Abandoned, probably stolen truck... wonder if some parts would fit on Vstrom... like the Turbo and A/C unit 😂 ...seat ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 ·
Great fun, I bet, much easier to wrestle a smaller bike with proper ground clearance.

Abandoned, probably stolen truck... wonder if some parts would fit on Vstrom... like the Turbo and A/C unit 😂 ...seat ?
It is definitely fun on the WR. Less chance of hurting myself when alone.
I stopped and looked and it would appear that the A/C unit will direct bolt on but the turbo and seats would take some mods to make fit. I think if you had a torch a roll of duck tape a bag of zip ties and a BFH you can make it work in a couple hours

·
Registered
'20 DL1050XT
3,499 Posts
I was about to ask if you got a new Strom but then I realized the above post wasn't from you!

181 - 200 of 239 Posts