StromTrooper banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah I bought an 2018 last Dec, have 2500 miles on it, did a 4 hour trip (one way) to go fishing a couple of weekends ago and overall my opinion on the bike is kinda like this.... I can't stand the buffeting, the day before the trip I put a vstream windshield on it and it didn't help with the buffeting much. You have to let the new motor break in before you jump to conclusions about the vibes... do your service at 600mi and change the oil at 2000mi, i think you will see that the motor vibes calm down, maybe not disappear but not as bad as new. I think what keeps me from becoming discouraged is the fuel mileage, the handling, the versatility and proven longevity/ low maintenance. For the past couple of years I found myself CONSTANTLY looking at all the bikes available today and always ended up back at sites like this looking at the the Strom... I'm still obsessed looking for something better on the "NEW" and "USED" markets but there's always trade offs on every bike... So, for me, this is the right setup, it checks all the blocks for me.. But then again it's very hard for me to hand over 10k or 20k for a bike... just ain't gonna happen.. So I guess I'm gonna keep this one and try to make it better, if I find some great improvements I'll share them here...

21 - 21 of 21 Posts