StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone out there wearing mx boots on their strom? I have been debating this idea in my head for awhile. any input is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Seems like overkill unless you are really spending a lot of time off road. MX boots are stiff...really stiff....at least they should be. They are designed to protect the ankles from too much flex. When riding or racing MX you are constantly putting your foot down or out away for balance and traction which leaves the ankles vulnerable.
A good riding boot would provide protection plus allow you to walk around at your destinations. MX boots are very awkward to walk in.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Is anyone out there wearing mx boots on their strom? I have been debating this idea in my head for awhile. any input is appreciated. Thanks.
MX Boots are probably overkill, but I can understand the need to have something solid and a boot that can handle the rough and tumble when off-road.

I ended up going for the Gaerne G-Midland Boot.

Gaerne label it a touring boot, but has been great off-road. Nice and solid but I can still walk around and check out the sights, stop for lunch etc..:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts