StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my bike, new on here and have to have 20 posts to ask in the wanted section for plastic hand guards.

Why is this a rule?

·
Registered
202 Posts
To prevent spam posters. Look around and ask a few questions and it will add up quickly. And welcome aboard

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
Members earn the right to post free ads by contributing to the forum. They can share their experiences and knowledge or contribute money. 21 legitimate posts and 21 days of membership or $20 contributed to the forum have been deemed sufficient to gain that right. It's also more likely that contributing at that level would mean a person will be more trustworthy in a transaction. At one time. the site was glutted with members who joined only to use the classifieds. The moderators got tired of that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Boom!

Nice answer, Greywolf. To the point, succinct, polite.
Hope this counts as a post for me, too.
Enjoying the knowledge of the fellow Strommers….
Dhey

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
When I first got the Wee, I was eager too. I found a set of saddle bags and was able to PM the seller.
Just gotta be friendly and do a few hello's and such and find out how to not offend the sensitive. Watch for the really knowledgeable and have a good time.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
sensitive

and find out how to not offend the sensitive.

funny but true. :wink2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
What about those of us who have been members for almost a year and get all the info without having to post. Really enjoy this site 👍

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
What about those of us who have been members for almost a year and get all the info without having to post. Really enjoy this site ��
I think the requirements are very clear. Such a member has not contributed sufficiently to the site and cannot use the Marketplace. Get off $20 or do 21 meaningful posts so other members gain some trust and get to know you a little and that changes.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I think the requirements are very clear. Such a member has not contributed sufficiently to the site and cannot use the Marketplace. Get off $20 or do 21 meaningful posts so other members gain some trust and get to know you a little and that changes.
And to add to that, most of us will never get to your neck of the world and would love to hear about riding there and seeing your pics.
That would eat up 20 posts in a heatbeat.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts