StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:forgive me.........i've searched this site but found nothing that exactly explains my problem, so here goes...

today my v started a little thing i don't understand. with the side stand up and the transmission in neutral, it won't crank unless i pull the clutch. there are no 'check' messages, as are mentioned in some posts. i've tried it several times, even after riding it around and coasting to a stop in neutral, but i am still forced to pull the clutch before it will crank.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
That's the way the bike is set up. It won't crank unless the clutch in engaged as a safety feature.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.........i've read stupid newbie posts and shook my head about them........and here i am!!

i've been riding this bike since '06, got on it this spring and thought it had started with the clutch out, in neutral, all along. had my 60th birthday last week, so maybe that explains it. i can't think of anything else that will.:jawdrop::confused:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
One other possibility is the wires to the clutch lever switch were jumpered and the jumper was disconnected. That works on all Stroms except '07 and later 650s which can have idle problems with that modification.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts