StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up an 02 DL1000 with fairly high miles to use mostly for commuting between home and the GTA. I'm feeling some 'shuddering' at lower rpms (not the clunkiness I know is common in the transmission). Low frequency vibrations that don't seem to have an effect on power (pulls well).
Anyone in Muskoka or the GTA available to ride mine for a few minutes and tell me if that's just how they are?
Alternatively, anyone else can feel free to tell me what this might be (or to just ignore it which is my preference).
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
Welcome aboard! where in Muskoka are you? Amazing riding roads up there!

I work at 407 & Weston Rd area if that helps you.

I don't know if I can give a lot of advice. I have ridden the first gen DL1000 (My friend has a 2002 DL1000 and he let me ride it several times but that was quite a few years ago and he moved back to Quebec.) I have a lot of KM's on the DL650 and currently have a year old 2015 DL1000 but the new DL1000 is much better sorted out.

Still I would be happy to try it out one day if you want.

..Tom

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tom,
Thanks. I live near Dwight, and work four days a week near Yonge & Sheppard.
I'll send my contact info by private message. Getting together some evening (Tuesdays and Wednesdays work well) would be good. By the way - there's a moto social this Wednesday near Ryesron. I went to the last one with my last bike - was pretty cool.
Cheers
Ferd

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Likely chain/sprocket ....my DL650 growls if the chain is dry or tensioned wrong ....and it does is at low RPM -
These motors like to be revved

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*#%¥£}#!!!
I just spent a very frustrating day with this bike - looks like chucklehead sold me a bike without a functional charging system!
Anyone in Canada ever have a stator replaced? If so, please let me know what it cost...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had my independent shop do it. I think he sourced a stator (not OEM) for a about $220. Total, including labour and taxes was $486. Still a pain, but definitely not as bad as it could have been.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts