StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those interested: I have been purchasing expensive ($140) in earcanal earphones for the past two years. The first pair broke after one year (wire came loose from the in ear speaker). I loved the earphones, and purchased a second one the next year. This one just broke, and I would not spend the $$$ for another one to break a third time.

I searched the internet and found Plugfones. I purchased two ($14. each) and just received them. I tried them and they work just like the $140. pair, but for a tenth of the price. Personally, I like to listen to music while I ride, and these will fit the bill fine. They exclude wind noise, and you do not need to crank the music on high, as they fit IN the ear canal.

BTW, I also purchased the no noise noise filters from twisted throttle for when I just want quiet. They are fantastic and do exactly what they advertise.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Those look like a pretty good deal even if the they are half way decent. Did you get the foam or silicone? I would think foam would work a little better with a helmet. I've got a Sena system for my main helmet but I think something like that would work good for my summer "breezy" helmet.

On a completely side note I see you are near Lake George, NY. Me and a buddy are trailering :thumbdown: my two bikes to Mt Kisco NY for 5 days in June for some riding and drinking(not together!). Any good suggestions for routes up around your way? We are doing three days of riding and I'm starting to plan the best twisty, scenic routes in the area.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts