StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for a center stand for my 2011 Wee and found www.murphkits.com. They have a center stand for 120.00 which includes shipping but wanted to hear from others who have this and if it's well constructed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I ordered one because of price and it comes with no instructions and in pieces. So I shipped it back and bought an SW. As far as the quality it seemed as good as the SW, never did get it figured out ( all those pieces)

Murph's was excellant to work with on the return. Got my fork brace form them and a few other items.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I ordered one because of price and it comes with no instructions and in pieces. So I shipped it back and bought an SW. As far as the quality it seemed as good as the SW, never did get it figured out ( all those pieces)

Murph's was excellant to work with on the return. Got my fork brace form them and a few other items.
You print the instructions off their website or you can read through them on your computer. Watch some installation videos and you may not even need the instructions.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I ordered one for my Vee last week. Murph said they are on hold for the moment.

One member received his murph c/s and it was missing parts and had rusted a another part. I would not count my nickels on such an important aftermarket add on. I went with the Hepco and Becker c/s ...perfect and never looked back.:yesnod:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great Value

Just received my center stand from Murph. He was great to work with and answered my questions promptly.
The stand is well engineered and bolted up perfectly to my wee. It took all of about 20 minutes start to end.
BTW, the stand arrived without instructions which initially confused me. However, on the sheet included in the shipping it states to go to the web page and print the instructions. 1+ to Murph for decreasing paper waste! I just set my laptop on the workbench and followed the instructions. No problems! :yesnod:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Easy peasy

Just finished installing in my driveway. About 1:15 minutes from start to finish. Instructions on James' YouTube video were right-on and the "paracord" technique was awesome. Worked like a charm. :hurray:

The next 10 minutes were spent cleaning and lubing the chain.

Next week, oil change...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine bolted up and works fine. The only problem I have is the rubber bumper that installs to the bottom of the exhaust has split. Have to try and find another one.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Mine bolted up and works fine. The only problem I have is the rubber bumper that installs to the bottom of the exhaust has split. Have to try and find another one.
My rubber bumper has disappeared somewhere along the road. Just haven't found a replacement yet. Any suggestions out there? I've been to one local hardware store and didn't find anything.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I already contacted Murph and he said it is the first he has heard of it. He didn't mention he had any replacements and suggested an auto parts store. Does the centerstand move along the bumper as the suspension flexes? Maybe that is what causes it?

·
Registered
491 Posts
I just put a Murphs center stand on my bike, but first a little background on the ordering and shipping. Ordered online and immediately received e-mail confirming order and saying that my order was being processed. This was the last communication I ever received, never was notified that it was being shipped, never received a tracking number. After ten days I was starting to get worried. I called the phone number on the web site and got a recorded message that they couldn't answer the phone and couldn't return any calls....uh oh! That call was repeated about twenty times that day. When I got home from work I e-mailed Murph, about twenty minutes after I sent the e-mail, UPS delivered my parcel! The box was sent from Florida even though Murph is located in Kentucky. The box had a tear in it about 12 inches long. Inside the box the stand was wrapped in bubble wrap and in good condition, all bolts, bushings,springs,etc were wrapped in another bunch of bubble wrap, the one with all the hardware had come undone and parts were rolling around loose in the box...uh oh! Went online and pulled up all the parts list and fortunately everything was there. Installed the stand the next weekend using the shoestring method as seen on U-TUBE and every thing went together like butter. Works perfect, very happy.
My only criticisms are I think a vender should provide shipping info with tracking numbers and shipping boxes need to be sturdier. By the way Murph did respond to my e-mail the next day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
gave up & bought murphs stand
great product,simple put on,the cord trick works great.
i'll have to play with it ,i can not get it on the stand
bike is lowered 1-1/2" however it looks good ha/ha.:confused:

09 dl650 suzi q

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am searching for a center stand for my 2011 Wee and found www.murphkits.com. They have a center stand for 120.00 which includes shipping but wanted to hear from others who have this and if it's well constructed.
the murphs stand is a great stand at half the price of suzuki and besides dealing with murphs is just a pure pleasure. its nice to know there are dealers who really care about their customers.:thumbup:

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have the oem. My friend just got a new-to-him vee, so I turned him on to the Murph's. It was shipped quickly, and mounted right up. Looks almost identical to my oem, but half the price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm very happy with my Murphskits stand. However, I've read posts from multiple people having problems with the rubber bumper on the exhaust. Less than a week or two after installing the stand, I noticed that the exhaust bumper had more or less melted and flattened out noticeably. I don't think it will survive much longer. I have a spare due to other issues that Murph went above and beyond to address. But I wonder if the issues of cracking and loss aren't just a problem of the material not being sufficiently heat resistant. I'd like to try to find a local "hardware store" solution.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Had the exact same problem with the rubber bumper. Completely melted off in a couple weeks. Figured I'd go to the hard ware store and find a little piece of hard rubber intended for some other purpose and find a way to attach it. Like the stand though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts