StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know if Murph's center stand will fit with SW-Motech skid plate ?
Did search the forum but didn't find clear answer.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
I have the Murph's center stand, think my skid plate is Moteck.

I have a picture somewhere if you want

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sure, if that wouldn't be a problem. How do you like the stand ?

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Sure, if that wouldn't be a problem. How do you like the stand ?
I really like it, It looks similar to the suzuki oem, but half the price. And the seller will stand behind his product.

All my photo's are too dark or too far away. Went out to get new shots. I'll send you a link to the
new pics in an hour, look for a PM.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I go ahead and ordered it:)
I was going to go with motech but twisted throttle bump the price to $224. I cannot justify to spend that much for a stand.
Thanks for you info.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have both.....

Do you guys know if Murph's center stand will fit with SW-Motech skid plate ?
Did search the forum but didn't find clear answer.
Thanks
And they work fine together. No issues/interference at all. The welds on the Center stand look a little rough, but so far it works great.

GG

·
Registered
267 Posts
After these recent threads got started I ordered a Murph's center stand last night. It also includes shipping $120 to your door so that adds even more value into it. One thing that might be worth mentioning is his webpage stated this offer is limited to what he has in stock. So if anyone in the group is interested at this price it might be a good idea to pull the trigger :confused:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Received stand

I received the stand this morning. It was shipped fast. I read online installation manual. It says that i would get 2x M8 - 1x35mm and 1x45mm bolts.
I received 1x35mm M8 and 1x50mm M8 bolt along with 2xM10 35mm and 2xM10x45mm bolts.

Is there a reason i got 1x50mm bolt instead 1x45mm bolt ?
Should i get 1x45mm from local store ?

Thanks

·
Registered
217 Posts
I received the stand this morning. It was shipped fast. I read online installation manual. It says that i would get 2x M8 - 1x35mm and 1x45mm bolts.
I received 1x35mm M8 and 1x50mm M8 bolt along with 2xM10 35mm and 2xM10x45mm bolts.

Is there a reason i got 1x50mm bolt instead 1x45mm bolt ?
Should i get 1x45mm from local store ?

Thanks
I think I received some different bolts as well. Maybe because I have the Vee. You can easily thread all the bolts into their holes where they go and see if you will need some other bolts form the hardware store. I remember thinking all mine weren't there, but I used what was sent and it worked fine.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Will try after work...thx for an update.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also was wondering if you guys using any loctite on any of the bolts ?
I was thinking of applying Loctite Blue 242 .
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts