StromTrooper banner

Should I repaint the heat shield of the muffler?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I think it looks better with the Matte Black finish ! But I wouldn't use the oven to cure the paint . I hear it has a detrimental effect on the plastic...........;?

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
OOps.....Ok! I'm official now

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nice color.

Is that the stock color on the bike,if so it looks great too bad they don't offer that color configuration in the U.S.:cool:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Oh yea...
I didn't vote because there was no RED option..
Oh, and there was no matt black option either ;)

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Why would you paint the exhaust heat shield red??

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
I voted for black, but before you paint it try just removing it and see how you like that look. I took mine off once (can't remember why now) and even with the brackets for the heat shield I thought it looked much better as just a can.

Of course if you ride 2-up that might be a bad option to use :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Black. It makes it look like a bike the CIA or FBI might ride. Or batman.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Involute , Not ment to be a slam . I didn't realize that the shield was plastic till I read yours and I just passed the info along to give Mokus a heads up... My appologies. VtStrom

·
Registered
292 Posts
Involute , Not ment to be a slam . I didn't realize that the shield was plastic till I read yours and I just passed the info along to give Mokus a heads up... My appologies. VtStrom
Please, no apology is needed at all. I was assuming you were just poking some fun at me and my silly mistake. I did'nt take it as a slam, honestly. I thought you were simpy having a little good natured fun at my expense and I'm 100% OK with that. If the Smileys were working you'd have seen a smile after my comment.

On a related note, I'm almost done repairing my Shield. It'll look just fine when I'm done. As long as whatever heat is generated by the pipe doesn't cause a problem with the epoxy and Bedliner Spray I used I'm happy with the result.

·
Registered
888 Posts
Black........yes........

Is this poll going to be legally binding Mokus? You could end up having to paint the shield black EVEN if you change your mind!

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
heat shield repair

Please, no apology is needed at all. I was assuming you were just poking some fun at me and my silly mistake. I did'nt take it as a slam, honestly. I thought you were simpy having a little good natured fun at my expense and I'm 100% OK with that. If the Smileys were working you'd have seen a smile after my comment.

On a related note, I'm almost done repairing my Shield. It'll look just fine when I'm done. As long as whatever heat is generated by the pipe doesn't cause a problem with the epoxy and Bedliner Spray I used I'm happy with the result.
Thats kool , Please post pics of the bedliner repairif possible. I'm thinking of that treatment for my heat shield and the gas tank if I can get it done inexpensively......the local truck customizing shop wants 135.00 for the tank and the rear side covers.:(

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thats kool , Please post pics of the bedliner repairif possible. I'm thinking of that treatment for my heat shield and the gas tank if I can get it done inexpensively......the local truck customizing shop wants 135.00 for the tank and the rear side covers.:(

Will do. I'm too cheap to pay someone ot do it. I'm using some Dupli-Color stuff I got at Autozone. Whether or not it lasts very long is yet to be determined.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I painted mine with Krylon Semi-flat black. It looks much better (to me) and it's holding up great. I painted my luggage rack too, same results.
RamusM: please post pics if possible. I like to see how other Stromers do things to their bikes. thanx ,:-D Jack

1 - 20 of 37 Posts