StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they need to be repacked? it seems to be getting louder and does not seem to sound as good either. It sounds normal at low rpm, then by 7k it just does not sound right, it's hard to explain.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Is it the stock muffler? If so, it is all stainless steel and aluminum. There is no packing and nothing should have rusted away. Check for loose fasteners and air leaks at the joints.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it the stock muffler? If so, it is all stainless steel and aluminum. There is no packing and nothing should have rusted away. Check for loose fasteners and air leaks at the joints.
I think the issue is unrelated to the muffler, I'm going to have a look tonight after work. It's something vibrating and I think it's only doing it at certain rpm's when the bike is vibrating the most.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Interesting point Greywolf about the muffler being stainless. The exhaust pipes are stainless with little attraction to a magnet but from the last weld on the main body back to the polished aluminium end cap it appears to be ordinary steel with strong magnet attraction.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts