StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of a Fenda Extenda I mounted one of these for under $10

I used a little silicone to seal any gaps created by the curve of the fender that may allow water or crud to run down the back side.

Not too bad for 10 minutes of work, didn't even have time to open the customary 'wrenching' beer! Note to self: work on timing of the beer next project.

David

·
Registered
962 Posts
Interesting. Is that car or ATV part?
I'm thinking of doing similar, but molding it to better fit the fender better so I won't have to use screws.

Ken

·
Registered
382 Posts
Even though a Fenda Extenda is more money, it is worth it from a visual standpoint.

Sorry, but that flap is pretty ugly, nothing personal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. Is that car or ATV part?
I'm thinking of doing similar, but molding it to better fit the fender better so I won't have to use screws.

Ken
It is a motorcycle part Ken. My buddy ordered a couple from Parker Brothers in Toronto.

E-Nigma, you are right and it is more functional than flash, I may look into some black screws ones to blend it in better.

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
76 Posts
Made one from a piece of plastic and some left over epoxy I had in the shed. Not bad for the first one. Will Slim line and make a better one when I get bored.
Amazingly they work great.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Do Double D & Gumbotz live in the same trailer park? Jesus Christ.
I see guys with shark teeth and warthog stickers, ammo box panniers, cheapass topcases, homemade tool tubes, and you call this trailerpark???? Maybe you should ride a BMW. Your nose is stuck high enough in the air already.

Here's mine. Same trailer park mudflap. No extra washers needed though.

(Who the he11 gets down there to look at it anyway?) :rolleyes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Made one from a piece of plastic and some left over epoxy I had in the shed. Not bad for the first one. Will Slim line and make a better one when I get bored.
Amazingly they work great.
Seth,

That looks good, like it belongs on the fender from that picture.

I see guys with shark teeth and warthog stickers, ammo box panniers, cheapass topcases, homemade tool tubes, and you call this trailerpark???? Maybe you should ride a BMW. Your nose is stuck high enough in the air already.

Here's mine. Same trailer park mudflap. No extra washers needed though.

(Who the he11 gets down there to look at it anyway?) :rolleyes:
John,

Exactly what I was thinking, we all take pride in doing little extras on our bikes. Sometimes we buy 'em sometimes we "MacGyver" our own solutions.

Nice flap btw. I may remove my extra washers after seeing yours :D

T-Hall,

Leave the posting to the adults.

Cheers,

David

·
Stromthusiast!
72 Posts
I guess I'm in the trailer park too! J.C. Whitney flap, looks like a...mud flap...and costs 1/4 the price of the fenda extenda! Could be uglier than the Suzuki one, maybe they won't let me in the trailer park! I don't think its so bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
You own a Volusia and think the mudflap is ugly? ;)

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I see guys with shark teeth and warthog stickers, ammo box panniers, cheapass topcases, homemade tool tubes, and you call this trailerpark???? ...
Hey, I'm hurt...you never mentioned my trailer park, vortex generators. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Hey, I'm hurt...you never mentioned my trailer park, vortex generators. ;)
J, those are cutting edge. You need to come up with a catchy handle like "AeroWedgies" or something like that and slap a patent on those babies. Claim a .5 mpg increase and "you know who" will be beating a path to your door.

Re-design them to look like little fins and the shark teeth crowd will go wild!

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
I ought to hire you to run my marketing department....er, maybe that should read "BE my marketing department".

J, those are cutting edge. You need to come up with a catchy handle like "AeroWedgies" or something like that and slap a patent on those babies. Claim a .5 mpg increase and "you know who" will be beating a path to your door.

Re-design them to look like little fins and the shark teeth crowd will go wild!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts