StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Kids,
The date is set. The traditional group site #1 is secured. MTSFMCW is set.
The dates: Friday, June 1 - Monday June 4. 2018
Most of y'all have done this before to know what to bring..... just yourselves, your camping gear, food or money to buy food. The rest we figure out as we go! An added bonus this year...... Patty rented the cabin at the beginning of the gravel road that leads up to the campsite! We got the whole freakin' road!! WoooHoooooo
Yeah, it's six months from now, but, hey, something to look forward to, no?
Ride safe all.
gary

PS:" That's Mohawk Trail State Forest Motorcycle Camping Weekend" for those of you unfamiliar with it. :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tnkrplt......1st on board!! Why am I not surprised. Welcome aboard, Pete! I think this one's gonna be really cool with the acquisition of that cabin down below, though, Patty insists that the cabin is HERS!! I'm sure we're all invited. Is it June yet? :)
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hey Gary,

I rented a cabin (c01) Fri. thru Mon. The cabin is right down the road from group site #1.
It's nice to have something to look forward to during the long, cold winter.

Bruce

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bruce! You gotta cabin??? OUTSTANDING! We're takin' over baby! lol Is it June yet?
Ride safe ( and soon! ) all.
gary

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Can't believe I missed this thread. It has been added to my dance card, which is filling up fast.

Thank you Gary and Patty, this is always one great weekend! :smile2:

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awright!!! Syd's IN! Excellent! Looking forward to catching up with ya.
Is it June yet? :)
Happy New Year.
g

·
Premium Member
926 Posts
Plan A is back!!
Looking forward to seeing and riding with the A team again. Thanks for hosting again, Gary.
(And you can ignore my last email.......)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plan A is back!!
Looking forward to seeing and riding with the A team again. Thanks for hosting again, Gary.
(And you can ignore my last email.......)
Hi Steve,
I must be losing it! What was your last e-mail? I swear, I'm not intentionally ignoring you. I do have a new e-mail address at gmail.com. Did you sent it there? Please re-send!!
Looking forward to catching up with you before MTSFMCW Plan A!!
With the torrential rains we've had the past 24hrs, I'm thinking that the salt is washed off the roadways, at least down here in the lower elevations...... entertaining the idea of taking the bike out!!! :)
Ride safe ( and soon! )
gary
Edit: I just re-read your post...... I CAN ignore your last e-mail. But still curious as to what it was and if it arrived at the correct e-mail address! :)

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hd......
Stop in at the ranger kiosk on your way into the park and tell them you're with the Group 1 group.
Just need to bring your camping stuff, food or money for food and your good cheer! Hope you can make it!
First ride this year...... 2/21/18 70+ degrees! WoooooHoooooo!!
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Gary, hi, contemplating if I can add this to my fun list this year.

What kind of roads are you riding? Do I need a kid-plate and semi knobbies or can I survive with Tourance and no skid-plate?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gary, hi, contemplating if I can add this to my fun list this year.

What kind of roads are you riding? Do I need a kid-plate and semi knobbies or can I survive with Tourance and no skid-plate?
The rides are determined on site. Meaning that usually different groups break up depending on their similar interests and desires. The Tourances will be fine. I'll be riding on Tourance Road Tec tires - totally sport touring tires. Some may decide to ride on the dirt "Puppy Dog Trail" up into Vermont..... very much well groomed gravel roads. I wouldn't hesitate to do that on the Road Tec tires. Skid plate..... well, I advocate skid plates on these bikes no matter what kind of riding you do because of the placement of the oil filters and forward exhaust pipes, but you won't have to do any riding where a skid plate would be mandatory because of rocks and such. In the end, your ride will be up to you. Beemerjim, who is an annual attendee usually takes us on some great tarmac rides. And Pete (Tankrpilot)) will also guide on some great ( and long! ) rides. Or you'll sit down with a map and some buds and decide just where you want to go and what you want to see. It's easy to reach New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, and of course the Berkshires of Massachusetts from Mohawk Trail. There are some days when I opt NOT to ride and hike the trails of Mohawk!! :) Hope to see ya there.
Ride safe all.
Gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WoW! I would think someone fortunate to start riding in Feb would be ok doing long rides by summer.....lol.[/QUO[/SIZE]

:p

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I almost went for a spin this week, but the roads still have too much sand and salt on them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
I almost went for a spin this week, but the roads still have too much sand and salt on them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This winter has been crazy. The snow better be gone by June! I hope our first outing to Romney is doeable with this freaky weather.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts