StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Kids,
Well, long story short..... .Patty and I are not spending the summer in the Tetons this year.
So............
On a lark, after receiving an inquiry from John O. of Stillwater Farm fame, I went online doubtful that I'd find the group site available because I'm so late in trying to make a reservation.
Well............ I SECURED THE GROUP SITE FOR JUNE 2 - 5!! That's Friday through Monday.
MTSFMCW is on! Ring in here. Let us all know what's happening with y'all and may we be seeing you early in June?
WoooHooooooooo!!! :)
Like y'all ....... impatiently awaiting spring.
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greetings,
Satch, Sherlock Holmes ain't got nuttin' on you!
Mohawk Trail State Forest Motorcycle Camping Weekend has been a yearly event for about 6 years now. It's a very informal get together at a group site at Mohawk Trail State Forest in Charlemont, Massachusetts. The forest is a very beautiful example of some old growth white pines and is bordered on two sides by the Cold River and the Deerfield River. I ( Gary ) started it in 2010 or 11. That year we had four riders. Two years ago we had a group of about 20. See past postings here for comments and pics of past camp outs. Last year, my wife, Patty, and I spent most of the summer in Teton Valley, ID hanging wtih our son, Joe and family who live just over Teton Pass in Jackson, Wyoming, so the event wasn't held at Mohawk Trail. Instead another Stromtrooper Tankerplt ( Pete ) pinched hit at a camp ground in Vermont, bless his heart. Our plan was to repeat the Teton trip this year, only without the travel trailer and to get a rental. Seems almost ALL summer rentals are spoken for and the ones that are left are like $10,000 and up per month! I've been told by one valley resident that this area is ground zero for a total solar eclipse this year and rentals have been reserved for years! So..................MTSFMCW is back on! Y'all are invited. We usually cap at around 20 riders or so. Just gotta ring in your intentions here.
Highwayman, I'll be in your neck of the woods next week! My son lives off of Alta in North Vegas and I go out to visit several times a year. I often stay at his house. This year, though, I'll be staying in the cheap ass Circus Circus. lol I sometimes rent a bike for a ride out with him. He rides a Harley Fat Bob ( obviously not MY style ).
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ALRIGHT!! Syd's IN! We'll have a liter bike representative!! WooHooooo. Gonna be good to catch up with old friends and meet new. :)
Come springtime....... Ride safe all.
g

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And Pete for plans A & B. If I'm in the area, I'll probably make Plan B also. Anybody got a plan C? lol
:)
g

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had an absolutely wonderful time at the Peep Show the time I attended and will make every effort to make it this year. I'm kinda thinking that this is the year I should take a long ass extended motorcycle trip. I'd like to meander through Newfoundland and Nova Scotia, but I'm also pulled very strongly westward. A trip out west across Canada before re-entering the States west of Chicago sounds like a wonderful trip to me. We'll see. Patty's a wonderful wife. She just wishes me well and let's me take off without complaint any time I want!!
Eagerly awaiting spring.
g

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
I had an absolutely wonderful time at the Peep Show the time I attended and will make every effort to make it this year. I'm kinda thinking that this is the year I should take a long ass extended motorcycle trip. I'd like to meander through Newfoundland and Nova Scotia, but I'm also pulled very strongly westward. A trip out west across Canada before re-entering the States west of Chicago sounds like a wonderful trip to me. We'll see. Patty's a wonderful wife. She just wishes me well and let's me take off without complaint any time I want!!
Eagerly awaiting spring.
g
Gary,
Most of us men married above our pay grade!
My friend Mike Barth (on a 1200RT) came to the Peep Show last year, and afterwards, rode up to Canada and had a great time. I believe he went to Nova Scotia and around that region.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Syd,
Yes, Nova Scotia is calling, too! Perhaps continue on there after MTSFMCW Plan B..... :)

We had some rain last night here. More forcast for Tue, Wed, Thurs...... salt will be washed off the roads and Gary will be on them! WooHoooooo. Please, please, please, no more salt on the roadways!!

Ride safe all...........SOON!
gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Now THERE'S an idea! Move on to Plan C right from Plan B! Pete, I like the way you think! :)
Ride safe ( and soon ) all.
gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
The list so far, for sures:
Me and Patty
Billy
Aus
Betty
Tom (Psycledelic)
Yuval and Miri
Steve ( our resident musician, maybe we'll get lucky with another concert )
Jeff and Cate
Beemerjim
Pete ( and Ginni?, I hope! )
Syd
Vinny

Got some "maybes"
Clark on either 2, 3, or 4 wheels,
Johnny Manzi, a VStrom rider and musician ( if he brings a guitar, we're in for a treat. Especially if he teams up with Steve! WooHoooooo )
Anthony Manzi

Dogs:
Buddy
Ripley
Ripley's little brother..... Ranger? Damn, I forget!!

Wildlife maybes:
Bear
Deer
Skunk
Raccoon
Bobcat
Owl
Crows
Ravens
Black Flies ( hopefully not bad )
Mosquitoes are rare up there.

Is it June yet?
Ride safe ( and soon ) all.
gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yeah..... John and Kate from Stillwater Farm, VT duh!! :)
g

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Gary
I'm in for June 3-5, my grandaughter is graduating from high school on the 2nd so I will be coming in around noon on the 3rd. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Pete
P.s. Jim check your battery before you leave

1 - 20 of 101 Posts