StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Kids,
Pulled the trigger for 2019! Got the Mohawk Group site for the weekend of May 31 - June 3. Patty has the same cabin down the road for May 31 - June 2. Y'all pretty much know the drill. Sign in here with your intentions when you have intentions. Any questions...... post em up, or check out the threads from past camp outs. :) Yipppeeeeeee!!!!
Is it May yet??
gary

PS: for new arrivals..... that's Mohawk Trail State Forest, Rte 2 ( Mohawk Trail ), just about 3 miles west of Charlemont, Massachusetts. The group site will accommodate 40, though, that might be a bit crowded. I don't think we've ever seen more than 20. The site is my gift to the group. Y'all just have to bring your gear, food ( or $$ for dining), expertise in all things motorcycle, and good cheer. Post up any questions. :)
g

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Thank you for hosting again! Bummer next year will be the same date as my charity century ride, that's the priority. So sadly will probably not be able to join.

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
I did not formally lay down my gauntlet for this event, and am doing so at this time. Of course I will be there, and have secured a cabin. Thanks to the State of Massachusetts, I will procure some legal herb for this event- lol.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ALRIGHT SYD!! Welcome aboard. There's much to catch up on for all at this early event. Great folks enjoying the twisting rides of north southern New England and coming home to rest in this beautiful magical forest. Is it May yet?
Ride safe ( and soon ) all.
gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Two sign ups..... and Syd's got a cabin??? Pete, you and I are gonna need a map to find each other's tent!! lol 's ok. Give me a tent and a campfire in that beautiful place and I'm good!
Ride safe.
gary

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I hope to be there again this year, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
om..... you know where to find us/me! lolol
Hi Pete..... maybe! I've not sent out "reminders" to the usual suspects via e-mail, as I figure we're all grown ups and can keep track of stuff. I might be wrong! lol Patty's got the same cabin down the road that will serve as the "girls' dormitory". Maybe we can organize a panty raid if we can manage to stay up that late! Buddy will be in attendance as usual, though he's getting old day by day.
On another note, I'm planning on heading to North Georgia on or around June 10, down the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heading out for Mohawk 0900 or so tomorrow! Yipppeeeeeee!! And this answers THAT question........ Yes! It is May! ( but not for long!)
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Heading out for Mohawk 0900 or so tomorrow! Yipppeeeeeee!! And this answers THAT question........ Yes! It is May! ( but not for long!)
Ride safe all.
gary
Gary, Pete, Don and all others attending,
Enjoy the weekend. I took my first post surgery ride two weeks ago in the Adirondacks. Two hours of pure pleasure. It is about two weeks too early for me to ride for a two to three day weekend. Next trip to get back in the saddle is a day trip June 15th to BMG Motorsports in Goshen NY to test ride the Motoguzzi V85TT. I will be at Plan B in Vermont July 11-14.

Ride safe guys, and enjoy Mass. and Vt.:mod2_clap:

Syd

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
... Next trip to get back in the saddle is a day trip June 15th to BMG Motorsports in Goshen NY to test ride the Motoguzzi V85TT. … Syd
Syd, please post a short review after. I am interested how you think it compares to the V2. Particularly seat height and ease of reaching terra firma.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts

Ride safe all.

gary

Heading out at the same time! Should be arriving mid afternoon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gary, Pete, Don and all others attending,
Enjoy the weekend. I took my first post surgery ride two weeks ago in the Adirondacks. Two hours of pure pleasure. It is about two weeks too early for me to ride for a two to three day weekend. Next trip to get back in the saddle is a day trip June 15th to BMG Motorsports in Goshen NY to test ride the Motoguzzi V85TT. I will be at Plan B in Vermont July 11-14.

Ride safe guys, and enjoy Mass. and Vt.:mod2_clap:

Syd
Hi Syd,
We're gonna miss ya! I was hoping to compare chest scars with you! I had heart surgery in 2005. I'm leaving for north Georgia next Wednesday and hope to be back for "Plan B". I do have a lean to reserved there and am keeping that reservation.
Pete, I'm figuring you'll be on your way shortly if you're still coming! lol Billy's here at my house now and we'll be heading out after making a small repair to his DR650. Friends Joe and Kay are riding up with us on their Goldwing. John from Vermont is expected today. And friends Marc and Riche and two dogs expected to pull their pop-up camper in late today. Patty, of course, will be with us and staying in the cabin. Bud will be in attendance.
Last I heard from Yuval ( several months ago ) was that he was going to come to my house yesterday, then up to Mohawk today, but haven't heard from him since and he didn't show yesterday.
Beemerjim isn't feeling well won't make it. Hoping he gets well soon.
Tom (Psycledelic) is staying in Long Island attending to family stuff.
Steve is attending a Triumph rally somewhere in Vermont.
So, it's gonna be a small group this year..... kinda like the first camp-out back in ?2010.
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Syd,
No on road hiccups. Off road..... took a hike out with friends Marc and Riche and three dogs. Freakin' ticks up the wahzoo! We humans were pulling crawling ticks off ourselves every 10 minutes and found more later during changing and showers. None imbedded. Patty and I must have disposed of 35 ticks off little buddy and his bedding on June 1 and 2! I was totally skeeved out! May have to look for another venue in the future. Still........ a good time was had by all; and it was great to catch up. Thanks to all who brought their treasured facet to this jewel.
Ride safe all.
gary

·
Registered
1,131 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Those ticks scare me more than terrorists. Not every tick carries Lyme and other diseases. And, just because you were exposed, does not mean you will contract anything. Regardless, it is a little scary.

Don did write a great review of the MG V85TT.

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Ticks:

For our trip to the Iron Horse a couple of weeks ago I used Permethrin
https://sawyer.com/products/permethrin-insect-repellent-treatment/
to treat my tent and the casual after ride/ evening closing. Not sure how effective it is but it seems to be the only preventative measure, other than repellant, to consider. I will re-treat for plan B.

OM28, saw your writeup, thanks!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts