StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late notice and I know it's Veteran's Day, but I was considering a ride up to Mount Lemmon tomorrow if anyone is interested. Maybe meet at Mama's Hawaiian BBQ for early lunch first around 11:30. Supposed to be sunny and in the 60's at the top but around 50° late morning. Takes me about 2½ hours to get to Tucson from Gilbert. From there I was thinking about a bunch of dirt roads back up towards home but that's completely open. Anyone ride up and over Mt. Lemmon on Old Mt. Lemmon Road? Or Reddington Road?

Let me know. Thanks!

Howard

·
Moderating in moderation
621 Posts
Summerhaven up on Mt Lemmon is a great lunch spot.

·
Registered
304 Posts
MT. LEMMON Oracle Fire control road

Anymore upcoming rides in the Tucson Area hit me up...
Have you ever done the Oracle road..up or down from Summerhaven. I havent but am thinking about it..UP the highway and DOWN the Fire road would probably be the easiest. Thinking of driving it with the F150 first, to check it out. I ve tried the "pick up the 500# MC" a couple of times before and am not looking FWD to trying it again. Easier than my old 850# GoldWing though.
Alan

·
Registered
46 Posts
My friend did the up the highway and down the dirt a few months ago... Not sure if the back road is open now with the weather. I didn't go because I was waiting for my skid plate... Well it is installed and now my friend is out of town.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Oracle-Summerhaven Fire Control Road AZ

My friend did the up the highway and down the dirt a few months ago... Not sure if the back road is open now with the weather. I didn't go because I was waiting for my skid plate... Well it is installed and now my friend is out of town.
Lets "make a plan" for later this Spring..in the meantime, I'll probably drive it "down" with the F150

1 - 6 of 6 Posts