StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is everyone paying full MSRP for the 1000? My dealer said there maybe some wiggle room but not much....

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Check Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC, they discount everything. They have the new ones discounted also.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Don't know about anyone else but I sure didn't - got a very healthy discount. Of course having to wait for 4 months after the deposit had a price of its own. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discount

$1700.00 under MSRP and 10-15% off accessories.
We have a really good Suzuki Honda Dealer in Central VA.

Later

FastLane

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
My discount for The Crimson Pigeon was right in between xamdarb's and Fastlane's.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Below is current pricing from 360 Power sports in Huron Ohio. I pulled it directly from their website.

V-Strom 1000 ABS
MSRP $12,699.00*
Our Price $11,299.00*

V-Strom 1000 ABS Adventure
MSRP $13,999.00*
Our Price $12,499.00*

V-Strom 650 ABS
MSRP $8,549.00*
Our Price $7,899.00*

V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure
MSRP $10,049.00*
Our Price $9,099.00*

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't know if I will be springing for a new DL1000 - most of my reticence is due to price... as I have mentioned in prior posts - back when the first announcements and promo information came out it was discussed that the U.S. price is not in line with other countries of export. This, along with some of the information provided in this post regarding the degree of discounting in the U.S., tells me that U.S. dealer cost, and subsequent markup, is considerably diverse from the customary 10% markup from dealer cost to retail.

I would like to know if anyone has information about base dealer cost for the 1000 in the U.S. - there is plenty of hype regarding the new 1000 - but, I for one, believe that is overpriced in the U.S.

Does anyone have information regarding dealer cost?

Thanks,

--John

·
Registered
28 Posts
Dealer prep, freight, tire levy

I got 500 off msrp and a extra year warranty.
Curious whether you still had to pay dealer prep, freight, and tire levy?

And wondering after reading the posts in this forum if that is a uniquely Canadian thing or is it in the US as well?

Regarding the US OTD prices I'm assuming that means what it sounds like and therefore includes any applicable prep charges, freight, and tire levys AND taxes. Up here in BC taxes are a combined 12%. Last factor to consider when determining US vs CDN deals is the currency exchange which may be reason why some US dealers seem to be offering better discounts ($1100-1700) vs CDN dealers discounts of $500-700.

Love to hear more on this topic as I'm in negotiations to buy one. (made a dumb move last Saturday and took one for a test drive)

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Around me they are going for 11,300 to 12,500 dollars. Most dealers I checked would add 35 to 90 for license and documentation then state sales tax....nothing else.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Regarding the US OTD prices I'm assuming that means what it sounds like and therefore includes any applicable prep charges, freight, and tire levys AND taxes. Up here in BC taxes are a combined 12%. Last factor to consider when determining US vs CDN deals is the currency exchange
Usually the prices on price tags and web sites do not include anything extra like prep, etc. And, out the door pricing cannot be accurately compared. Here we have different sales tax rates on each side of the city limits.

CDN$1 = ¥91.37
US$1 = ¥100.97
So, yes, the rate from yen to loonies does make a difference vs. yen to greenbacks.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
$11,450 OTD isn't bad!

All the dealers are different. I went to my local dealer last week and they don't even have the new L4's yet. :thumbdown:

They had a 2013 carryover 650 ADV for $8599.00. 2012 for $7799.00. Plus $250 in fees.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Emmaus, PA: tag on the Veek is $12,699. Didn't talk to anyone - that's a list/ ask price.

4 spaces away from it was a Yam Super T for similar money.... well, similar enough for me to look harder at the ST than the DL1k, anyway.:yikes:

·
Registered
525 Posts
i just got offered the adventure with metal skid plate ,heated grips ,mirror extenders for 13,194 + tax & tags

1 - 20 of 38 Posts