Discussion Starter #1
Just saw it on suzukicycles.com:

V-Strom 650 ABS
BASE MSRP◊ $8,299

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmm... now they're showing orange as the only available color when you look at the Overview tab. But they still list black if you go to the Features tab. I guess they're in the middle of updating their page now.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hmm... Also listing $9,799 as MSRP for the "Adventure" version? Only difference I see in the specs page is the width of the bike and the weight on the Adventure version is TBD. Anyone know what the "Adventure" version is about? Sounds like they threw a set of hard saddlebags on it? That can't be worth $1,500 by itself, though. Ah, I see now:
"For 2012, we're giving you another choice in adventure touring. Introducing the V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure. It has striking accessories that include sleek aluminum side cases large enough to fit a full-coverage helmet, a rugged accessory engine bar and an adjustable windscreen. It also has the same improved performance as the original V-Strom 650 ABS. Its new 645cc V-Twin engine has improved low-to-mid rpm performance, matched by enhanced fuel economy and environmental performance."
That doesn't sound like enough to justify a $1,500 price increase to me.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Hmm... Also listing $9,799 as MSRP for the "Adventure" version? That doesn't sound like enough to justify a $1,500 price increase to me.
Hmm, you obviously don't live in Canada. The current 2011 naked wee is $7500 + fees and taxes, but the package with aluminum bags and a skid plate is about $10,500. I'll bet that the 2012 Adventure version is going to be at least that, up here.

·
Registered
285 Posts
it has the luggage.
an only comes in black.

thats all i saw in the feature and spec section
also the 650 adv costs 1500 more where as the 1000 costs 600 more:jawdrop:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
[...]
That doesn't sound like enough to justify a $1,500 price increase to me.
1,500$ sounds right for not having to buy and install had aluminium cases, crashbars and a madstad bracket. I bet those items together retail for close to 1,500$

·
Registered
60 Posts
Now for when

Now that I know how much it will cost me to not be a lurker I just want to know when! :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts