StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For you guys who have installed the MRA Xcreen, what settings have you found the best? I am 5'8" with 30-31" inseam. Please do not mention other screens or buffeting since there is a dedicated thread for that already. I just want to know what settings you have found to be the most comfortable.

·
Registered
15,542 Posts
I've got the MRA at the highest setting for my comfort, 5'7". It's on an 04 Wee.
I can adjust mine on the fly, I think. You haven't tried the various positions and see what the differmence is?

·
Registered
155 Posts
On my 2012, I have the MRA main screen in the lowest mounting position on the bike and the spoiler rotated to its highest position and running parallel to the main screen--essentially no "tilt" relative to the main screen. I fiddled quite a bit with the spoiler positions and I found this configuration to be buffet-free and the quietest.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my 2012, I have the MRA main screen in the lowest mounting position on the bike and the spoiler rotated to its highest position and running parallel to the main screen--essentially no "tilt" relative to the main screen. I fiddled quite a bit with the spoiler positions and I found this configuration to be buffet-free and the quietest.
Thanks. This is exactly how I have it set right now so I must have guessed well! Hope to ride test it tomorrow if weather holds out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Like you, I have the AdventureTech GPS mount. I have that in the middle position windshield holes so I haven't tried mounting the MRA screen in any but the lowest position. Let me know if you find a better windshield and spoiler configuration. I was satisfied with what I worked out and got tired of fiddling. Cheers.

Thanks. This is exactly how I have it set right now so I must have guessed well! Hope to ride test it tomorrow if weather holds out. :thumbup:

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have mine set the same way, got lucky the first try. I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam. I get some air to my helmet but I can ride with my shield open to about 50ish mph. No buffeting at all for me but I don't think I've had the bike over 95 mph, and generally like to keep it below 75.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Like you, I have the AdventureTech GPS mount. I have that in the middle position windshield holes so I haven't tried mounting the MRA screen in any but the lowest position. Let me know if you find a better windshield and spoiler configuration. I was satisfied with what I worked out and got tired of fiddling. Cheers.
I have mine set the same way, got lucky the first try. I'm 6'4" with a 35" inseam. I get some air to my helmet but I can ride with my shield open to about 50ish mph. No buffeting at all for me but I don't think I've had the bike over 95 mph, and generally like to keep it below 75.
Seems to be a trend here. I had read somewhere in the buffeting thread this same thing which is why when I installed it last night I set it this way. This gives me a good starting point. If the weather is good tomorrow then I will go and try it out! Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I rode the bike several times over the weekedn with the MRA Xcreen set as described above... PERFECT and no need to adjust! Even when wearing my SS2500 adventure helmet with visor. Thanks guys!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts