StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow Stromtroopers, I'm looking at leading my next group ride on Sunday, 9/22. Mark your calendars if you are interested. I have not selected a route yet, but this will be a pavement only ride.

Details to follow...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Proposed Route - Lookout Mtn Loop

Proposed route for the Sunday, 9/22, group ride:

This route is about 300 miles and just over 9.5 hours of ride time ( excluding any stops ).

The meeting place will probably be in Cartersville, Ga and the route ends in Canton, Ga. Since this is a long day ride will be need to meet no later than 8am so that everyone can get back by a reason hour.

Here's a pic of the route:

Anyone interested in joining me?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know I'm in!
Never done that route, but on some of the roads. Will we go through Little River Canyon?
Good, then I won't have to ride this route alone.

This route is new to me as well. I spend too much time looking for interesteing roads to ride on.

Yes, Little River Canyon is part of this route.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Would love to try and ride sometime with you. Just bought a 2007 DL650 and previously owned a DL1000 but traded for another bike. Not sure I can make the 22nd but still looking. Possible could meet up somewhere and at least ride some of the course. Please let me know when you are riding again should I not make this one. Currently ride with a great group SCRC in Birmingham with many types of bikes but would love to meet some fellow wee strom riders. I am going to be in Blairsville October 18 to 22 at Cooper Head lodge for some riding with my group.

Don

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would love to try and ride sometime with you. Just bought a 2007 DL650 and previously owned a DL1000 but traded for another bike. Not sure I can make the 22nd but still looking. Possible could meet up somewhere and at least ride some of the course. Please let me know when you are riding again should I not make this one. Currently ride with a great group SCRC in Birmingham with many types of bikes but would love to meet some fellow wee strom riders. I am going to be in Blairsville October 18 to 22 at Cooper Head lodge for some riding with my group.

Don
Keep an eye on this forum Don, I'll be hosting monthly group rides. As the 22nd gets closer and if you can determine if you can join us for a portion of the route we'll select a meeting place and time along the route.

Blairsville is a great location....maybe I could join your group ride...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love you to come by great group good riders. We are just going to normal stuff and explore north Georgia. We lived in larryville about 7 years ago near Mall of Georgia before moving back to Bham

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Can't make it

I'd love to come and ride again with you, but it's a bit far from Ontario to join you for just one day.
I'm sure the pace will be spirited; but slow down and stop at least once and take a picture for me.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd love to come and ride again with you, but it's a bit far from Ontario to join you for just one day.
I'm sure the pace will be spirited; but slow down and stop at least once and take a picture for me.
I look forward to riding with you again, whether you come to my part of world or I come to yours.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Meeting Place

We will be meeting at 8am at the RaceTrac at I-75 & hwy 92 in Acworth.

Please be fueled up and ready to go at 08:00.

The GPX files are ready. If anyone wants a copy PM me your email address and I'll send them your way.

I'll be on a white GStrom and I just got my jacket back from having a warranty repair, so you won't be able to miss me. You'll see what I mean...

·
Registered
618 Posts
Sweet! Ill see you there!

*edit*

Since it is going to be an all pavement ride, I may have a few others (non-Vstroms) tagging along with me. Just depends on if they aren't working or can get their lazy arses out of bed.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts