Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, 8/9, will be my next group ride. A fair of amount of this ride will take place on non-paved surfaces.

I'm naming this the Dirt Cherohala as we will be riding along part of the Cherohala from west to east.

Stay tuned for more details...

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Route Details

Ok, I've got the route whittled down to 270 miles ( about 9 hours of riding ).

The route *officially* starts at the Race Trac station in Canton, Ga @ 08:00:
Racetrac Petroleum
1465 Riverstone Pkwy
Canton, GA 30114
https://www.google.com/maps/place/1465+Riverstone+Pkwy,+Canton,+GA+30114/@34.2515209,-84.4734067,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x88f564fd8b903ce5:0x19e63935796c6959

and *officially* ends in Fairmount, Ga
https://www.google.com/maps/@34.4371724,-84.7024955,14z

We will be riding back roads from Canton up to Ellijay, Ga. Then we will slab it to Blue Ridge, Ga where we will turn north to take back roads to Hiwassee lake. We will move to the dirt for the next couple of hours.

We'll stop for lunch in Tellico Plains, Tn. and top off our tanks.

Let me know who's interested and where you will be coming from. Those not near Canton, Ga could meet us in Blue Ridge, Ga if that is more convenient for you.

I believe most of the non-paved roads will be either gravel or graded roads, but I have not ridden all of the roads in this route.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks good .. I'm going to pick you guys up on 60 and 515 :)

·
Registered
48 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've stayed at the Iron horse lodge, it was pretty alright. It's a dry county though, so BYOB if needed.

McBride, I may be interested in this ride, I'll let you know if I'm able to join. I met Will in Suches 1 month ago (Joe on the black Wee) and he suggested I get on this site.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've stayed at the Iron horse lodge, it was pretty alright. It's a dry county though, so BYOB if needed.

McBride, I may be interested in this ride, I'll let you know if I'm able to join. I met Will in Suches 1 month ago (Joe on the black Wee) and he suggested I get on this site.
Sounds good. Let me know if you can go and we'll plan a spot to meet up.

·
Registered
48 Posts

Joe,we will have a blast hope you can make it..

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got both the routes and tracks for this group ride loaded into the gps.

Will, did you get your gps back from garmin yet?

Bring your rain gear...50% chance of rain.

Any others joining us?

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, with all of the rain today, tonight, and again tomorrow, the forest service roads are going to be too muddy.

Stay tuned and I'll get another group ride scheduled.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I got bored and decided to ride anyway. Send a msg to Ocdwill and was able to meet up with him.

I didn't write a ride report, but I do have a viddy that includes a creek crossing and Ocdwill's wee taking a dirt nap.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There goes my resale value.... haha

That was a fun ride..can't wait till we do it again..:)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts