StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Went over to Paul's place last night to buy my new shield; he had everything ready and mounted it up for me.

Quality is great, both windshield and bracket setup: I love the quick-release screws. I'll probably hit Paul up later for a sport shield for summer use, and of course expect a deep discount for this very professional and informative review... :D

It is the standard shield, with the new 3M bracket mask, mounted in the middle position, one washer on the bottom, two on the top. My eyeline above the tank is 22"; and I wear an HJC CL-14 full-face helmet.

The handguards and mirrors do touch right now, but I've got some Gen-Mar up & backs on the way anyhow. You could also rotate the bars and mirrors back a bit to clear.

On the ride home I was able to run to 90 indicated for a bit. I get some minute turbulence from 60 on up, wouldn't really classify it as a buffet. Very smooth, and very quiet with the earplugs out and the face shield full up.

It's a winner. I'm still going to play with more positions; because I can... :p

What had I tried?

Stock screen, all positions, raked back to almost 45 degrees, raked forward, high, low: Never found a happy spot for me.

Cee Bailey's 23.5: Yuck. Less buffeting than stock, way more buffeting than the MP, and ugly. ;)

And of course, pictures.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
The windshield looks great but I'd really like to hear about how you like the up-and-backs you've got comming. I've thought about geting some myself just because it seems like my arms a bit too short. I'm a little bit worried about how the different barr possition will change the handling characteristics. Let me know.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vstromper said:
The windshield looks great but I'd really like to hear about how you like the up-and-backs you've got comming. I've thought about geting some myself just because it seems like my arms a bit too short. I'm a little bit worried about how the different barr possition will change the handling characteristics. Let me know.
Will do. Drop me a PM in a few weeks to remind me. :wink:

D

·
0 Posts
Warren said:
Hi All,
It is the standard shield, with the new 3M bracket mask,
The previously posted pictures showed a shield with a squared off top with a reflex curve. Yours is rounded and doesn't appear to have a reflex curve at the top. Is this actually a new "standard" model. Maybe I missed something in the earlier posts..

·
Registered
232 Posts
suits the bike well, I'm guessing you look threw the screen rather than over it being so high.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aussie Stromer 1039 said:
suits the bike well, I'm guessing you look threw the screen rather than over it being so high.
No, Currently in the highest position now, the top of the screen is at about my chin.

I sit tall.. short legs... ;)

S

·
0 Posts
I have the genmar up and backs and the MP screen. The genmars do not change the handling characteristics of the bike at all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Gen-Mar's and they made no difference in handling irregardless of which windshield I was using. They did not place the bars exactly where I wanted them so I switched to Rox risers.

BTW The Gen-Mars are for sale, $90.00 including Priority shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts