·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for your MPG results.

T

·
0 Posts
Ride it hard in traffic and it will be close to 40mpg's. Ride it smooth on the open highway and it will be almost 50mpg's. Lots better than my pickup at about 20mpg's :lol: And a helluva lot more fun too :twisted:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have been getting a consistent 51plus mpg. since I first got her two weeks ago. I have to believe that as she loosens up it will only improve.This includes riding to work 30 miles and taking her on side roads where I can open her up over 100 mph indicated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
So far the high has been 52.3, almost all highway & the low 47.5, mostly commuting around town. F150 gets 17 mpg, so I'm a happy man if I'm filling the bike & not the truck.

ChuckS

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have been getting a steady 48-49 MPG with mostly "commuting" type miles. IE; mixed highway/city with the majority being city type miles. On mostly highway type rides with minimal stop & go I average around 54 MPG plus and that is with speeds nicely above the posted speed limits. :eek: (did I just say that out loud?)

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was getting a constant 49-50MPG, but after putting on a tall CeeBailey's (I think it is the reason) and maybe going a little faster, the mileage is around 45-46MPG. I just swapped back to the stock screen so I can get a cooling breeze now that summer has arrived. It is hot behind the CB at low to moderate speeds.

·
Premium Member
555 Posts
I answered the poll as my original mileage was about 47 MPG on the highway. I've since added a Holeshot exhaust and a 16t front sprocket and I now get over 52 MPG with these two simple mods. :D

FWIW

B

·
0 Posts
Just put a 16 counter on to improve gas mileage was only getting 40mph commuting how are people getting 50+ ???

·
Registered
327 Posts
MPG?

As we work in kms/litre, and 4.5 litres per Imperial gallon, I had to get out the calculator. Yup, as I figured, around 500 mpg - oops, too many decimal places, make that around 50 mpg.
I really don't care as long as it's better than my F150!

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
93 Posts
:arrow: I bought my '04 DL650 with 3000 miles on it. I put another 3000 miles on it and the LOWEST I have gotten was 50.3 mpg.

My average is 54.6 mpg.

My highest was 60.8 mpg about 6 weeks ago, and this week I got 60.1 mpg after cleaning the fuel filter (this was with 2 up for 1/2 tank).

All my riding is mixed; 50% city and 50% highway. From 6,200 to 10,000 feet in elevation (altitude). I have a Windstrom shield. When riding 2-up I ride fairly mild, otherwise fairly wild (I don't usually ride it like I stole it, but I don't baby it either). :D

V

·
0 Posts
I just picked up my DL650 about a month ago and recently checked the MPG. I got 53.7.

P

·
0 Posts
My red 650 is getting around 54 mpg in mixed driving with some occasional "spirited" riding.

I guess the red ones do get better mpg. 8)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts