StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an 07 Wee. Exhaust had been gutted. When I asked about mpg he acknowledged that the gutting of the exhaust really took its toll on the mpg.

I was averaging about 36mpg in town. Put a pretty little Delkevic exhaust on it, which sounds pretty good btw, mpg bumped up 1 or 2 but not much. Will a Fuel commander help?

I had an 09 Vstar 1300 that i put a K&N air filter and slip on exhaust on, dropped 2 mpgs but the power commander brought it back to where it was previously.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Just asking, but are you sure this bike has the stock gearing on it?
Look for a oem stock exhaust. The lack of backpressure with what you now have can cause lean running, and a PC will try to add fuel(through increased injection duration), which may drop your gas mileage even lower.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,143 Posts
I have run a "gutted" exhaust on a 2004 DL 650. No change in fuel mileage.

36 mpg in town is EXTREMELY low. I would ask that you be sure your odometer is reading correctly and that you can do a manual mpg check for a couple tankfuls.

Beyond that I wonder if there are other issues with this bike causing ( assuming it is correct ) the low mpg? There is a list of things that can effect that.

·
Premium Member
7,775 Posts
That does seem like very poor mileage. My first Wee had a drilled muffler and I averaged 50 mpg around town and generally under 6,000 RPM.

What is your riding style? Are you super aggressive on the throttle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts