StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering the 19" or 14" MP Cycle Designs shields...

Can anybody tell me how much longer the MP shield(s) is/are compared to the stocker?

Pics comparing the two would be helpful.

I tried the Givi but found it a bit too high. The 19" MP combined with my slightly taller gel seat might be perfect though.

Thanks in advance,

Martin V.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Just go with Paul's method of determining height for a touring shield. See the pics at http://mpcycledesign.com/

The width and shape make a big part of the difference too. A sport touring shield really depends on personal taste. My touring shield is a 22" and it's usually on the top mount setting. My 11.5" sport shield is at the bottom setting. I have an 18" that was cut down from a 21" due to rock damage. All are much better than the stocker. My line of sight over the filler cap is 20".

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:( Can't anybody just answer the question?

I know about the LOS measurement thing.

I know most owners love their MP shields.

I'm trying to decide on a size and would like to know how they measure compared to the stocker. Side-by-side pics would help.

Thanks,

Martin V.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'll be getting a 22" touring screen soon (hopefully today or tomorrow) and I can take some pics for ya:D

·
Registered
222 Posts
:( Can't anybody just answer the question?

Don't you think you would be better off contacting MP cycle to discuss what size you need? Just a thought.

If I was ordering a new screen today I would get one which was taller then I need because when I bought mine the height was determined by the stock seat on my wee, now I have a Vee with Sargent seat an would like the screen to be a bit higher. To do so I need to drill new holes or buy the Madstad bracket.

I like the stock bracket the MP comes with, it brings the screen in close to the fairing, it looks good, however the new fully adjustable Madstad bracket is suppose to be the cats ass as far as function goes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts