StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello you sun burnt riders - I live in Maine - my weestrom is still snow bound but I have plans to move to Florida before next winter. I lived in southern California about 10 years ago and loved the riding there. My question to you sun baked riders (I'm jealous, I've got that pasty white Maine look) is whats the rule about lane splitting. I hope it's acceptable as in California. Thanks and hope to be riding in warmth soon.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
You will like Florida!

Hello you sun burnt riders - I live in Maine - my weestrom is still snow bound but I have plans to move to Florida before next winter. I lived in southern California about 10 years ago and loved the riding there. My question to you sun baked riders (I'm jealous, I've got that pasty white Maine look) is whats the rule about lane splitting. I hope it's acceptable as in California. Thanks and hope to be riding in warmth soon.
Climate comes second. The primary benefit is meeting cordial Stromtroopers.

Lane-splitting? This is forbidden in Florida.

Here is the specific ruling:
Abstract: All motorcycles are entitled to full use of a lane and no motor vehicle shall be driven in such manner as to deprive any motorcycle of the full use of a lane. This subsection shall not apply to motorcycles operated two abreast in a single lane. No person shall operate a motorcycle between lanes of traffic or between adjacent lines or rows of vehicles.

I think that is a good law. Remember that the chief traffic hazards in Florida are 85-year-olds going 16 MPH and 16-year-olds going 85 MPH. Both these menaces present sudden unpredictable hazards, and it is a bad idea to go close to them. Heck, it's a bad idea to be within a mile of them, but what choice have we?

Welcome to the Sunshine State*

Keith

* Three states have used that nickname: NM, SD, FL.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Howdy. Send a pm to Ironmorph. He is a former Maine resident who now lives in the St. Pete area. I'm sure he'd love to hear from a fellow Mainer. To what part of the state would you move?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Now I am the one who is jealous. although I live in the deep south(cant imagine winter in maine though it is a beautiful state) you will love the gulf coast of fl. For many years we worked very hard to keep that area a secret and to keep all the yankees in and around south florida but to no avail. we southerners just cant seem to win a war. Oh well, at least you ride a strom so welcome to the area.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Welcome! I am from Maine, and have been here for 23 years, and I am going back one day, not sure when. ( yes I do, when obamacare cripples the health care system)

Florida has some great weather, and even better troopers. The guys that are on this forum are some of the best out there, yes, they are.

I will always be a Mainiac, it is a really beautiful state. I know the Winters really suck.

There are lots of great rides put together here each month.
Ride safely, and forget that crazy lane splitting stuff.

clem

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We are moving to Florida because the wife say's she's not gonna spend another winter in Maine. I like Maine, don't mind the winters but it will be nice to be able to ride year round again like I used to do in Virginia and in Florida. I'll remember to keep my eyes out for the little ole ladies in the big cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts