StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all, it's time for me to rally off into the sunset.

After 3 good years on the Wee, I've gone over to the dark side and am now rockin' the Tiger 1050 ABS.

Very similar to the Wee in mission, but quite different in execution - and for my purposes, more fun and interesting.

Quality seems on par, unlike the Buell Ulysses I briefly considered.

Comfort - a tad more sporty feeling, which I'm surprised to find I prefer.

Wind blast - it's loud, but clean. No buffeting. Nice change from the DL.

Motor - smooooooth. And torque like I've seldom experienced. Just amazing.

Brakes - a bit more grab than the DL, though not as much as the Buell.

Handling - feels more confident in the bends than the Wee. I'm still taking it easy though, I have no intention of repeating the Wee's last moments.

Lights - suck. Badly. I know I'm spoiled from the aircraft landing lights on the Wee, but these really are terrible. The low beam has been converted to HID, and that helps a ton. I've got an additional HID kit on order for the high beam, and LED driving lights may be in the future as well.

Fuel economy seems to be 45-52, with the lower figure coming with high speeds on the slab (75-80). The Wee would be getting a couple more MPG's at that speed, but be working a lot harder. The Tiger feels quite lazy at speed, with a lot more on tap.

Overall, I'm glad to have had a Wee for a while. It was a good bike. Didn't do "it" for me like the Tiger does, but it was very competent at all I asked of it.

I'll be parting out the DL in a few weeks when I'm back in WY. It has some excellent upgrades that should make some folks very happy! More details to come, but we'll do that in the proper forum.

Thanks to all here for the help and good times over the years. I'm sure I'll be around a good bit for old times' sake.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I can compare the Tiger to the Wee any day. I have BOTH sitting in my garage. My Wee is an '05 and when I sold my BMW K1200GT I added the Tiger. Couldn't see selling the Wee for what an '05 goes for as it was worth more than that to me.

The Tiger is more a bike than the Wee, hands down. Better suspension, far better brakes, and engine that is second to none. But the Wee has always had a special place in my hearth. I am holding on to it. I still enjoy riding it, even after getting off the Tiger 1050. Its nice to be able to switch back and forth and appreciate each for what it is.

And yes, the Wee has some of the best lights out there, the Tiger can use some help in this department.

Enjoy the Tiger...one fine machine.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Enjoy the Tiger...that triple sounds like no other.
I love my Wee, but it IS a little boring.
With the Wee it is more about the ride then the bike.
Have fun and be safe.:thumbup:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Sorry to see you go but good luck with the Tiger. I am going on a week ride to Utah with a friend who has a 1050, I'll see if I can trade for a bit:yesnod: Why did you pick the 1050 over the 800?

·
Registered
359 Posts
convert

I got rid of my wee and vee and bought a Tiger 1050 this winter. It has the smoothness and power that the wee lacked. Suspension is superior, brakes superior. Wind management is horrible with stock shield. I have a madstad like bracket and triumph touring shield that is 95% as good as the wee/madstad combo. I still have fond memories of the wee though. The ergo's are very similar and I think the wee is just a bit better in that department. You could say the tiger is a sexy, pumped up wee. I always thought the wee was homely looking but now it really pales in comparision to my new ride..... even though it was not a high priority. Something about the wee though, I wouldn't mind finding a cheap used wee to bring home.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I sold my 06 Wee to buy a 07 Tiger 1050. I found the Tiger too demanding and could never relax on it. I sold the 07 Tiger and bought an 07 Wee and havent looked back since.

Still... the music from that triple mated with a Staintune pipe... makes me weep sometimes :yesnod:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Enjoy your Triumph; I loved mine...it was a scrambler.

Very relaible for the 3 years I owned her, in an ideal world I'd have about 10 or 15 bikes in my enormous garage, still love Triumphs though ! :thumbup:

Cap'n Sensible/ Dave :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts