StromTrooper banner

341 - 358 of 358 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Vast of Night was fun ...was okay on the near field screen. Loved the pacing.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
terrific story - well told and true ...

Good science, good story telling ......the invention of DNA testing and the cases it solved.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts

is terrific

TV review: The Silence
Genevieve Barr is mesmerising as a deaf girl who witnesses a murder

snip
There are some good performances: Douglas Henshall as the workaholic cop, Dervla Kirwan as his irritating, busybody florist wife, and Gina McKee as Amelia's well-intentioned but misguided mother. "What did you say?" Amelia asks her in the car, when she doesn't catch something. "Nothing," says her mum, irritably. That must be just about the most infuriating thing, for a deaf person.

But all these actors are eclipsed by Genevieve Barr's mesmerising performance as Amelia. She is understated and natural, totally convincing. And Barr herself is deaf, I'm pleased to say.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
7500 was very well done. (y)

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Watched “The Healer” on Netflix last night. A feel good movie dedicated to Paul Newman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
I assume anyone with a 4k TV has watched Planet Earth on Netflix.
Awesome and in Dolby Vision. (y)

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Greyhound on AppleTV
I really like CS Forester books and the movie does a reasonable job on the North Atlantic but water, waves and weather still a challenge for CG.
The pace and decisions are well done. Hanks plays it well
That’s it’s based on an actual engagement helps…….and sure as hell brings home those insane convey risks.
Good review here

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts

Charlize looks very good. 🍿

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts

Very well done film ....

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
I watched The Old Guard and agree. It was very good. A different style of AciFi. More like a really good scifi book made into a movie than the flashy Marvel movies of late.

I also watched Greyhound - TWICE. Yes, it was that good.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet in this thread but I thought The Hunt was pretty good. It's worth watching just for Betty Gilpin's performance.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I don't know if it's been mentioned yet in this thread but I thought The Hunt was pretty good. It's worth watching just for Betty Gilpin's performance.
I love The Hunt, real shame that it was released at the exact moment Covid hit hard so most people didn't notice it. Super fun action movie that has some political pokes without being political.

May just rewatch it tonight.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Watched Tread last night and got a kick out of it. It's a documentary about that guy who armored a huge Komatsu D335A bulldozer and wreaked havoc on the town of Granby, Colorado back in the early 1990's after a bunch of the local townfolk apparently made him angry.

If the story of why he was pissed doesn't interest you, you can just skip to the part where he starts building one hell of a machine and then starts destroying stuff with it.

341 - 358 of 358 Posts