StromTrooper banner

301 - 320 of 358 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I don't get the appeal of these type movies given the current world situation. If there really was a zombie apocalypse would we be sitting around watching zombie movies?
I don't remember any Zombies in Contagion :) Outbreak is a really good movie, step up from Contagion IMO although Contagion is probably closer to what's going on right now.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't remember any Zombies in Contagion :) Outbreak is a really good movie, step up from Contagion IMO although Contagion is probably closer to what's going on right now.
If you are going to go to disease movies, Andromeda Strain is the Granddaddy of them all.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts
Anna Kendrick is yummy. I'll watch her in about anything. :love:🤪

Been mostly bingeing crime series on Amazon and Netflix. The Stranger was pretty good.
Have Cry Freedom and Amalie teed up for movies.

••••••

On Netflix
Too good ...and true. ☕

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
I thought War of the Worlds on Epix was going to be good based on the first episode, but then it became ordinary TV, and then it became awful. Plot too stretched out and way too much bad stuff happening and taboo topics. I called it pedestrian in a conversation, then had to look up the definition when used as an adjective for those not used to that word being used that way. Pedestrian nailed.

Lacking inspiration or excitement; dull, except for when it makes you jump out of your seat, but you get tired of that.

"Picard" was really good. Worth getting CBS all access for a month, but after that CBS all access is useless for me.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I watched the first 3 episodes and haven't felt compelled to see the rest. On the other hand I've seen the 1953 version numerous times.

·
Premium Member
5,061 Posts

Love steam trains ..use to huddle in the grape vines at the end of our garden munching grapes while the beast thundered by a few feet away. Deliciously scary.
Now a bicycle track.
Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Saw John Wick 2, I thought the fight scenes were a little silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are not supposed to think when you watch movies like that. Same with Jack Reacher.

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
I think someone could make a business out of recommending videos worth watching that they have seen yet. I'm probably handi-capped by my personal preferences and I suspect pass right by some good movies. I've got Netflix, Prime, HBO, etc, etc, and feel like there is nothing I haven't seen already worth watching. But I passed by Mr. Right until it was recommended here and then liked it. Maybe better tune-able algorithms for suggestions, but until then I'll keep checking this thread.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I think someone could make a business out of recommending videos worth watching that they have seen yet. I'm probably handi-capped by my personal preferences and I suspect pass right by some good movies. I've got Netflix, Prime, HBO, etc, etc, and feel like there is nothing I haven't seen already worth watching. But I passed by Mr. Right until it was recommended here and then liked it. Maybe better tune-able algorithms for suggestions, but until then I'll keep checking this thread.
Mr. Right was pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
I think someone could make a business out of recommending videos worth watching that they have seen yet.
They are called critics and I find they like movies I hate, e.g., Easy Rider - what a crap movie, and hate movies I like.

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
Actually I found a couple of sites discussing "hidden gems" on Netflix etc. Passed over movies that are pretty good or at least better than you might think.

Also been watching a few movies for the second time like "Paul" and "The Accountant." Basically any movie I liked before setting up my home theater are new again and certainly better on the big screen with proper sound system. All lingering criticism by the Mrs. for having spent the money has vanished since the lock downs started.

Time to order a popcorn machine.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I really enjoyed Mr. Right but I would be shocked if any algorithm would have suggested it to me. I can't think of a solitary thing about the movie that is in "the kind of movie I like". Really, if you mention anything about the movie the thing would fall squarely into the "I hate movies like that" category.

301 - 320 of 358 Posts